Reach Our Members with Your Message
The NEA offers a number of media options to reach our membership of 3 million education professionals. And each is an effective way to connect your marketing message to our audience. Whether you choose print or online advertising, an e-mail campaign, corporate sponsorship or a partnership, the NEA delivers active, involved consumers.
- NEA Today – The Association’s flagship publication with a circulation of 2.5 million, explores today’s toughest teaching challenges—and solutions. And, because educators are active, involved consumers, we also cover the topics that enrich and energize their lives after the bell rings. It’s an important resource that NEA members look forward to receiving 4 times a year.
- This Active Life – This Active Life is a welcome addition to the lives of 275,000 NEA-Retired members. It spotlights the profession’s retirees and their passions, highlights upcoming events, and raises issues of particular interest to retired members, such as travel, health, Social Security, and more. Published 5 times annually, the magazine is strategically targeted to reach our engaged and dynamic retired members.
- Tomorrow’s Teachers – The NEA Student Program is the largest pre-service association for future educators with over 62,000 student members. And now, companies have the opportunity to reach this unique audience by advertising in Tomorrow’s Teachers, the annual magazine for NEA student members. Tomorrow’s Teachers offers a wealth of resources to those new to the teaching profession. Each issue offers help with job searches, provides classroom tips for surviving the first year in the classroom, recommends strategies for parental and community outreach, and much more.
Online and Electronic Publications
- NEA.org – The Association’s primary website, nea.org serves members by saving time and pointing them to relevant, helpful professional resources. The editorial content of nea.org is focused on policy and educational advocacy, as well as practical tools and ideas for our members’ professional lives.
- NEATODAY.org – Members visit neatoday.org to get the latest in education news. Members learn more about key issues and current events. NEATODAY.org also features stories on NEA Educators and highlights must read stories of the day.
- NEAMB.com – Our website for NEA Member Benefits is the online destination for our members as they make important decisions about their careers, their financial plans and benefits, their lifestyles, and how they spend their time out of school. This is a great place to reach our members with special offers and discounts.
- NEA Today Express – A monthly newsletter distributed to more than 800,000 members’ e-mail boxes, NEA Today Express provides editorial coverage that highlights the latest association news and other topics of interest to NEA members. Some coverage comes from the pages of NEA Today, our print publication, while some is original to NEA Today Express. Your message will enjoy a rapid response from this most timely of NEA’s publications.
- Works4Me E-Mail Newsletter – This weekly opt-in newsletter serves a community of 38,000 classroom practitioners that share information regularly about products, services, methods, and tips for successful teaching and learning. The community has been around for eight years and is especially interested in ideas and concepts to improve the classroom experience. Advertising in this newsletter is a fantastic way to reach our members who are in search of what’s new for the classroom.
- NEA Announce E-mail – 48,000 opt-in e-mail addresses for NEA members across the country are a great way to reach our members who have requested information about new products and services in the education market. NEA Announce is delivered once monthly to the desktop of this group of opt-in members and is a great way to reach those most willing to hear your marketing message. And, your message will be exclusive for a given month’s e-mail delivery. It’s a great way to create top-of-mind awareness with a group of the NEA’s most active consumers.
Sponsorships and Partnerships
- NEA Innovation Center Sponsorship – The NEA Innovation Center is an exhibitor showcase at the Annual Meeting that informs educators about the products and services that they can use in their classroom. Companies can share free trials and give educators face-to-face training on how best to use their products. Sponsor companies interact first-hand with over 10,000 educators from over 13,000 school districts nationwide. And to increase your company’s ROI, Innovation Center sponsors not only gather attendee contact info but also the contact info for the decision makers for the schools the attendees represent. All Innovation Center participants are promoted in print and online to over 2.5 million educators in NEA’s Back To School edition of NEA Today. To learn more about the NEA Innovation Center click here (.pdf, 1.5M).
- Sponsorship – Create a lasting relationship with NEA members through sponsorship at the NEA Annual Meeting and Representative Assembly. This high profile event hosts over 10,000 delegates and their families and is highlighted by a two and a half day expo. Sponsorship around the expo affords unparalleled direct contact with our members and corporate recognition within the education community. Sponsorships range from single events to more comprehensive programs that build member awareness and generate results throughout the year. For more information on sponsorship opportunities, please see: NEA_2013_Sponsorships.pdf (.pdf, 1.5M).
- Partnerships – For longer-term opportunities that address ongoing member needs, NEA Member Benefits seeks partnerships with companies and organizations dedicated to serving the market of education professionals. Partnerships offer year-round exposure and more broad commitment to the association and its strategic goals. Often involving ongoing discount programs or access for NEA members to particular services, partnerships are an integral part of how the association provides value to our members.
For more information or for a customized media plan to reach NEA members, please contact:
Director of Sales and Business Development
Phone: (301) 527-2195