The NEA Smart Option Student Loan by Sallie Mae is an ideal solution for families who need help to pay for undergraduate or graduate college expenses not covered by scholarships, grants or federal loans.
The NEA Smart Option Student Loan provides these benefits for degree-granting institutions:
- Borrow up to 100% of your school-certified education costs (minimum $1,000) with low variable rates from 2.25% APR to 9.37% APR. We also offer fixed interest rates from 5.74% APR to 11.85% APR5
- NEA Exclusive Rate Reduction—Reduce your interest rate by a quarter percentage point after making 12 consecutive on-time payments1
- No origination fees5 or prepayment penalties
FLEXIBLE REPAYMENT OPTIONS
- Defer your payments until after graduation or choose an in-school repayment option that best fits your needs4
- Get a 2% Smart Reward® in your Upromise® account when you make scheduled monthly payments on time while in school6 (Not available with the Deferred Repayment Option.)
- Receive a quarter percentage point interest rate reduction when you enroll in the automatic debit program7
Call 1-866-898-5198 or apply online. You can get a loan decision in as little as 15 minutes.
To learn how NEA Member Benefits and Sallie Mae can help you pay for college, click Play below:
1-7 For more important information on the rate, fees and other conditions of this program, please see the Terms and Conditions.
Win $2,000 Cash!
Every month through August, enter to win a $2,000 scholarship from Sallie Mae.
How America Pays
For College 2013
How America Pays for College 2013 (.pdf, 1.7MB)
Learn how American families are paying for college in this 6th annual study conducted by Sallie Mae and Ipsos.