Date published: Thursday, September 27, 2012
To help with your new-car search, each week we share 5 of the very best car prices we can find to help shoppers find the best deal on their next new car. You can find all of these vehicles and more through the NEA Auto Purchase Advantage Program.
Each month, TrueCar publishes its “TrueTrends” report highlighting consumer buying trends and analysis of new car pricing data; in it, a regular department identifies the biggest consumer discounts of the month. This week’s “Steals on Wheels” is focusing on those TrueTrends Greatest Discounts surrounding large trucks, large SUV’s, and large cars, with an average savings of 10% or more from Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Pricing.
If you’ll be shopping for a large car, truck, or SUV this weekend, these deals may suit your needs, with potential savings ranging from 13.2% to 17.6%. True Car Market average pricing on these well-priced models demonstrates a range of discounts off Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Pricing (MSRP) equaling as much as $7,212 off these particular large models.
Our chart also includes fuel economy figures to help you compare not just savings at the dealership but savings at the pump, as well. Note: Because our selection of discounts is focusing on larger cars, trucks, and SUVs, you’ll notice their fuel economy averages may seem low. However, as expected, Dodge Charger and Chevrolet Impala lead the pack in fuel economy; both promise 18 mpg city and just get better from there.
Each week, “Steals on Wheels” highlights the top discounts (this week, on large cars, trucks, or SUVs) off the MSRP by the particular trim level, since potential discounts can vary greatly between the trim levels. So for this week, the 2WD SV trim level of the Nissan Armada Large SUV (for example), was the most highly discounted trim of the entire Armada lineup in relation to its MSRP, and was a high enough discount to hit the top of our list.
1) The best potential deal on this week’s list of greatest discounts is the Nissan Armada. The Armada starts with a pricey Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $40,865 but is reduced to a TrueCar national market average of $33,653. That’s a potential savings of 17.6%, or a whopping $7,212, off the suggested MSRP of Nissan’s large sport/utility vehicle.
2) The Ram 1500 comes in second place on this week’s list, offering a potential discount of up to 17.1%. That translates into a possible savings of as much as $3,960, bringing the MSRP of Ram’s popular pickup truck from $23,120 down to a market average price of $19,160.
3) The Ford Expedition sits in the middle of the pack this week: Even though the Expedition’s original MSRP starts at $38,595, its potential savings of 16.3% translates to a huge $6,294—bringing the national market average price of Ford’s large sport/utility vehicle down to $32,301.
4) In fourth place is the Chevrolet Impala sporting a national market average price of $24,276 thanks to a potential discount of 13.6%, or $3,834 off the $28,110 MSRP of Chevrolet’s large sedan. The Impala also promises the best fuel economy on this list, with 18 mpg city, 30 mpg highway, and 23.1 combined.
5) Even though it’s in last place in this week’s list, the Dodge Charger still boasts a 13.2% potential discount. Subtract its potential $3,917 savings from its $29,590 MSRP, and you can get space and horsepower for $25,673 as well as fuel economy rated at 18 mpg city, 27 mpg highway, and 22.0 mpg combined.
Ready To Go Shopping for a New Car?
Our weekly “Steals on Wheels” feature demonstrates potential savings on new cars based on the possible discount from the Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price (MSRP). Keep in mind, each week’s “Steals on Wheels” choices may include potential savings from such special offers as manufacturer’s rebates, cash incentives, or special leasing offers, which helps place them among the greatest opportunities for savings for new car shoppers over the upcoming weekend. As always, here are some really important things to keep in mind, such as:
Ready to see how much you could save? Visit the NEA Auto Purchase Advantage Program to save time and money on your next purchase.