Supporting Public Education
Since 2000, California Casualty has proudly supported NEA members and their families by providing auto and home insurance coverage through the NEA Auto & Home Insurance Program. In business for more than 100 years, California Casualty has demonstrated a strong commitment to educators and public education by providing NEA members with special benefits and rates not available to the general public as well as awarding hundreds of thousands of dollars in grants to educators and schools through the following initiatives:
- $2,500 Academic Awards to help educators purchase supplies for their classrooms
- $200 Help Your Classroom awards (8 awarded each month)
- Thomas R. Brown Athletic Grants to middle-school and high-school athletic programs (a total of $83,000 awarded so far in 2017)
- Founding sponsor of the Impact Teen Drivers program, which partners with educators, as well as police officers and firefighters, to help save the lives of young drivers by teaching them about the dangers of distracted driving
- and the 2017 Pledge to Drive Focused Campaign, through which one lucky educator will win a new car for taking the pledge to avoid distracted driving
In addition, California Casualty is a major sponsor of The NEA Foundation with “The California Casualty Award for Teaching Excellence” and a sponsor of the California Teachers of the Year and Gold Ribbon Schools Program.
Find out more about California Casualty programs and services at www.calcas.com.