NEA Member Benefits
May 11, 2021 – May 28, 2021
Greetings From…Your Hometown Photo Contest
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, THE VIRGIN ISLANDS, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. TO ENTER. Between 12:00:01 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on May 11, 2021 and 11:59:59 a.m. ET on May 18, 2021 (the “Entry Period”), enter the Greetings From…Your Hometown Photo Contest (this "Contest") by registering at www.neamb.com (the “Website”) and following the instructions below and on the Website for submitting your entry. All entries must include the complete name of the National Education Association (“NEA”) member submitting such entry, the NEA member’s mailing address and email address, and the NEA member’s favorite hometown photograph. Submitted photographs must not include or otherwise depict any individuals who are under 18 years of age, or any buildings that are not on or visible from a public area, and any submitted photographs including any such images will not be considered part of a valid entry, and will be void. No post office boxes or APO addresses are permitted in any entries. By entering this Contest, entrant understands, acknowledges and agrees that he or she, and all individuals appearing in the submitted favorite hometown photograph, must agree to the Voluntary General Release Form at: https://www.neamb.com/-/media/files/neamb/landing-pages/greetings-from-your-hometown-photo-contest/voluntary_general_release_form_2021_greetings_from_your_hometown_photo_contest.pdf. By entering this Contest, entrant expressly understands, acknowledges and agrees that entrant is opting in to be registered with the NEA Travel Newsletter and the NEA Travel Program platform, an online travel booking platform operated on behalf of arriva, known as “NEA Travel Program”, if such entrant was not previously registered with the NEA Travel Program. There is no limit as to how many hometown photographs an eligible NEA member may submit per day during the Entry Period. Any entries generated by script, macro or other automated or mechanical means are void. All entries, including all photos submitted with entries, become the exclusive property of NEA Member Benefits (“MB”) and will not be returned. For a copy of these Official Rules, access and print them from the Website.
2. ELIGIBILITY. This Contest is open only to NEA members who: (1) are legal residents of the U.S. or the District of Columbia; and (2) are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of MB or the NEA, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, agents, officers, consultants, directors, and the immediate families (i.e., parent, child, spouse or sibling), or persons residing in the same household of such employees, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of MB, which are binding and final on all matters relating to this Contest. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. PRIZE. Prizes are: (a) one (1) prize of $500 worth of NEA Vacations “Vacations Cash” (ARV: $500) (“Primary Prize”); and (b) four (4) prizes, each one of $100 worth of NEA “Vacations Case” (ARV: $100) (“Secondary Prize”). The Primary Prize and each Secondary Prize (collectively, “Prizes”) are redeemable solely towards vacations booked by each winner through the NEA Travel Program. The Prizes have limitations as follows: (a) each Prize must be used by the winner to book a vacation through the NEA Travel Program within six (6) months from the date of issuance to the winner; (b) any unused portion of the Prizes will be automatically removed from the winner’s NEA Travel Program account after the expiration date indicated; (c) the Prizes are not redeemable for cash or resale and cannot be cancelled or exchanged for refund; (d) the Prizes may only be applied towards the purchase of qualified travel purchases through the NEA Travel Program and may not be combined with any other promotional offers; (e) the Prizes may be redeemed online through the NEA Travel Program; (f) if the winner cancels his or her vacation that was booked using any portion of a Prize outside the travel provider’s cancellation window, the Prize will be the last funds applied against any penalty; (g) the Prizes are not redeemable or refundable upon the cancellation or termination of a booked vacation; notwithstanding the foregoing, the applicable winner will receive a future trip credit through the NEA Travel Program if his/her booked vacation is cancelled or terminated due to plague, pandemic, epidemic, outbreaks of infectious disease, or any other public health crisis, including quarantine or other employee restrictions; (h) each Prize is capacity-controlled, is subject to availability, and may change without prior notice; and (i) the Prizes may not be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash or credited towards other purchases, or substituted, except at MB’s discretion. Other terms and conditions may apply, including, but not limited to, resort, airline, and other third party terms and conditions and restrictions. Each winner is solely responsible for any and all expenses and costs in connection with accepting or using the Prize to the extent such expenses and costs are not expressly described herein as being included. Such expenses and costs include, without limitation, all federal, state and local income and other taxes, luxury taxes, insurance, gratuities, incidental expenses, and any additional expenses associated with acceptance and use of the Prizes. No transfer, cash redemption or Prize substitution is permitted, except at MB’s discretion and then only for a prize of equal or greater value.
4. PHOTOGRAPH JUDGING AND VOTING. MB will select fifteen (15) finalists from all eligible hometown photographs submitted with eligible entries during the Entry Period that would excite other NEA members to visit when the COVID-19 pandemic ends. MB will then alert NEA members, via email, to visit the Website between 12:00:01 p.m. ET on May 21, 2021 and 11:59:59 a.m. ET on May 28, 2021 (the “Contest Voting Period”), to vote for their favorite hometown photograph out of the fifteen (15) Contest finalists. Any NEA member may cast one (1) vote per day during the Contest Voting Period. No solicitation of votes or use of any other method to increase votes for any particular entry is permitted. MB will tally all votes at its offices in Gaithersburg, Maryland on or about June 1, 2021, and the favorite hometown photograph finalist receiving the most votes during the Contest Voting Period will receive the Primary Prize, and the favorite hometown photograph finalists receiving the next four (4) highest number of votes will each receive a Secondary Prize. In the event of a tie (i.e., multiple photographs have the same exact number of votes), MB will break such tie by selecting the winners from the tied entries. The Contest winners will be notified by email. By entering, entrants give their express permission to be contacted by MB by email. If MB determines at any time, even after awarding of the Prizes, that any entry acquired votes by any improper means or in violation of these Official Rules, MB may disqualify any such entry, and the entrant who was awarded a Prize based on what was determined to be improper voting must relinquish the Prize. In the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules, a Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected.
5. GENERAL. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an online entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address in the subject entry. “Authorized Account Holder” means the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses to the domain associated with the submitted email address. By entering the Contest, entrant grants permission to MB and its affiliates and their respective designees to use his/her name, address (city and state), photograph, voice and/or other likeness, survey statements, and other information submitted with the entrant’s entries and otherwise in connection with this Contest, for any purpose, including, without limitation, for advertising, trade and promotional purposes, and without further compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide in perpetuity, without notice or review or approval. (Tennessee residents need not consent to, or sign, any publicity release). Further, entrant hereby grants to MB and its affiliates and their respective designees a nonexclusive, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, unlimited, sublicenseable license to use, copy, distribute, publish and create derivative works from any copyrightable subject material included in entrant’s entry, including, without limitation, any photographs entrant submits to MB as part of an entry or otherwise in connection with this Contest. Entrant represents and warrants that entrant has all rights necessary to grant the licenses to MB herein with respect to any materials included in entrant’s entry, including, without limitation, any photograph submitted by entrant in connection with this Contest. Entrants need not be present to win. Should any portion of the Contest be, in MB’s sole opinion, compromised by any virus, bugs, worms, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of MB, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, MB reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend or terminate the Contest.
6. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY. By entering this Contest, entrant releases and indemnifies MB, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, retail locations, and advertising and promotion agencies, the NEA Travel Program, and the respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, dealerships, partners and agents of each of the foregoing (collectively, “Released Parties”) with respect to any and all injuries, claims, losses liabilities or damages of any kind (each, a “Loss”) arising in connection with entrant’s participation in this Contest, or resulting from the receipt, possession, ownership, use or misuse of the Prize (including, without limitation, any events occurring in connection with any travel or other activities booked or occurring through utilization of a Prize), including any resulting tax liability, or arising in connection with MB’s use of any materials submitted by entrant in connection with this Contest, including, without limitation, any photographs, or arising from the breach of any representation or warranty made by entrant herein. By entering this Contest, entrants also release the Released Parties from any Loss arising from injury or damage to entrant’s or to any other person's computer related to, or resulting from, participating in this Contest or downloading materials from the Website. Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, delayed, stolen, misdirected, undelivered, illegible, damaged, or garbled, entries, tickets, number codes, or for postage-due entries or mail; (b) interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Website, or other connections; (c) availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, (d) computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with this Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of this Contest, the printing or processing of entries, the announcement of the winner or in any Contest-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest.
7. DISPUTES. Except where prohibited, by entering entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising from this Contest, the Prizes, or use of a Prize, will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively in state courts located in Montgomery County, Maryland or the federal court located in Greenbelt, Maryland, and entrant waives any claim to indirect, punitive, consequential or special damages. All issues concerning the construction, validity, enforceability and interpretation of these Official Rules will be governed by and interpreted under the laws of the State of Maryland, without application of any conflicts or choice of law rules.
8. CAUTION. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Contest or the Website or who violate these Official Rules, as solely determined by MB, will be disqualified from this Contest. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS; AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, MB RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ AND EXPERTS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT OR OTHER PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING SEEKING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
10. WINNER(S) LIST. The winners’ names will be posted on the Website on or after June 4, 2021. In the alternative, for the name of the winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope on or before August 1, 2021 to: NEA Member Benefits, ATTN: Winners’ List, May 11 through May 28, 2021 NEA Member Benefits Greetings From…Your Hometown Photo Contest, Marketing Services, 900 Clopper Road, Suite 300, Gaithersburg, Maryland, 20878-1356.
11. SPONSOR AND OPERATOR. The sponsor and operator of this Contest is NEA Member Benefits, 900 Clopper Road, Suite 300, Gaithersburg, Maryland 20878.