NEA Member Benefits
June 16, 2020 – July 10, 2020
Share Your Vacations Photos Contest
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, THE VIRGIN ISLANDS, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. TO ENTER. Between 12:00:01 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on June 16, 2020 and 11:59:59 a.m. ET on June 23, 2020 (the “Entry Period”), enter the Share Your Vacations Photos Contest (this "Contest") by registering at www.neamb.com (the “Website”) and following the instructions below and on the Website for submitting your entry. All entries must include the complete name of the National Education Association (“NEA”) member submitting such entry, the NEA member’s mailing address and email address, and the NEA member’s favorite vacation photograph. Submitted photographs must not include or otherwise depict any individuals who are under 18 years of age, or any buildings that are not on or visible from a public area, and any submitted photographs including any such images will not be considered part of a valid entry, and will be void. No post office boxes or APO addresses are permitted in any entries. By entering this Contest, entrant understands, acknowledges and agrees that he or she, and all individuals appearing in the submitted favorite vacation photograph, must agree to the Voluntary General Release Form at: https://www.neamb.com/-/media/files/neamb/landing-pages/share-your-vacations-photos-contest/voluntary_general_release_form_2020_share_your_vacations_photos_contest.pdf. By entering this Contest, entrant expressly understands, acknowledges and agrees that entrant is opting in to be registered with the NEA Vacations platform, an online travel booking platform operated on behalf of NEA Member Benefits by International Cruises and Excursions, known as “NEA Vacations”, if such entrant was not previously registered with NEA Vacations. Limit (1) entry per eligible NEA member per day during the Entry Period. Any entries generated by script, macro or other automated or mechanical means are void. All entries, including all photos submitted with entries, become the exclusive property of NEA Member Benefits and will not be returned. For a copy of these Official Rules, access and print them from the Website.
2. ELIGIBILITY. This Contest is open only to NEA members who: (1) are legal residents of the U.S. or the District of Columbia; and (2) are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of NEA Member Benefits or the NEA, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, agents, officers, consultants, directors, and the immediate families (i.e., parent, child, spouse or sibling), or persons residing in the same household of such employees, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of NEA Member Benefits, which are binding and final on all matters relating to this Contest. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. PRIZE. One (1) prize of $500 worth of NEA Vacations “Vacation Cash” (the “Prize”) will be awarded to one (1) individual winner (Prize value: $500). The Prize is redeemable solely towards vacations booked by the winner through NEA Vacations. The Prize has limitations as follows: (a) the Prize must be used by the winner to book a vacation through NEA Vacations within six (6) months from the date of issuance to the winner; (b) any unused portion of the Prize will be automatically removed from the winner’s NEA Vacations account after the expiration date indicated; (c) the Prize is not redeemable for cash or resale and cannot be cancelled or exchanged for refund; (d) the Prize may only be applied towards the purchase of qualified travel purchases through NEA Vacations and may not be combined with any other promotional offers; (e) the Prize may only be redeemed by telephone when calling to make vacation plans through NEA Vacations, and may not be redeemed, and is not redeemable, online; (f) if the winner cancels his or her vacation that was booked using any portion of the Prize outside the travel provider’s cancellation window, the Prize will be the last funds applied against any penalty; (g) the Prize is not redeemable or refundable upon the cancellation or termination of a booked vacation; notwithstanding the foregoing, the winner will receive a future trip credit through NEA Vacations if his/her booked vacation is cancelled or terminated due to plague, pandemic, epidemic, outbreaks of infectious disease, or any other public health crisis, including quarantine or other employee restrictions; (h) the Prize is capacity-controlled, is subject to availability, and may change without prior notice; and (i) the Prize may not be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash or credited towards other purchases, or substituted, except at NEA Member Benefits’ discretion. Other terms and conditions may apply, including, but not limited to, resort, airline, and other third party terms and conditions and restrictions. The winner is solely responsible for any and all expenses and costs in connection with accepting or using the Prize to the extent such expenses and costs are not expressly described herein as being included. Such expenses and costs include, without limitation, all federal, state and local income and other taxes, luxury taxes, insurance, gratuities, incidental expenses, and any additional expenses associated with acceptance and use of the Prize. No transfer, cash redemption or Prize substitution is permitted, except at NEA Member Benefits’ discretion and then only for a prize of equal or greater value.
4. PHOTOGRAPH JUDGING AND VOTING. NEA Member Benefits will select twelve (12) finalists from all eligible favorite vacation photographs submitted with eligible entries during the Entry Period, based on the following judging criteria: aesthetically pleasing (50%) and representative of a fun vacation (50%). NEA Member Benefits will then alert NEA members, via email, to visit the Website between 12:00:01 p.m. ET on June 26, 2020 and 11:59:59 a.m. ET on July 10, 2020 (the “Contest Voting Period”), to vote for their favorite vacation photograph out of the twelve (12) Contest finalists. Any NEA member may cast one (1) vote per day during the Contest Voting Period. No solicitation of votes or use of any other method to increase votes for any particular entry is permitted. NEA Member Benefits will tally all votes at its offices in Gaithersburg, Maryland on or about July 10, 2020, and the favorite vacation photograph finalist receiving the most votes during the Contest Voting Period will be named “NEA Member Benefits’ Share Your Vacations Photos Winner for 2020”. In the event of a tie (i.e., multiple photographs have the same exact number of votes), NEA Member Benefits will break such tie by applying the same judging criteria set forth above, and selecting the winner from the tied entries. The Contest winner will be notified by email. By entering, entrants give their express permission to be contacted by NEA Member Benefits by email. If NEA Member Benefits determines at any time, even after awarding of the Prize, that any entry acquired votes by any improper means or in violation of these Official Rules, NEA Member Benefits may disqualify any such entry, and the entrant who was awarded the Prize based on what was determined to be improper voting must relinquish the Prize. In the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules, the Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected.
5. GENERAL. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an online entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address in the subject entry. “Authorized Account Holder” means the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses to the domain associated with the submitted email address. By entering the Contest, entrant grants permission to NEA Member Benefits and its affiliates and their respective designees to use his/her name, address (city and state), photograph, voice and/or other likeness, survey statements, and other information submitted with the entrant’s entries and otherwise in connection with this Contest, for any purpose, including, without limitation, for advertising, trade and promotional purposes, and without further compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide in perpetuity, without notice or review or approval. (Tennessee residents need not consent to, or sign, any publicity release). Further, entrant hereby grants to NEA Member benefits and its affiliates and their respective designees a nonexclusive, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, unlimited, sublicenseable license to use, copy, distribute, publish and create derivative works from any copyrightable subject material included in entrant’s entry, including, without limitation, any photographs entrant submits to NEA Member Benefits as part of an entry or otherwise in connection with this Contest. Entrant represents and warrants that entrant has all rights necessary to grant the licenses to NEA Member Benefits herein with respect to any materials included in entrant’s entry, including, without limitation, any photograph submitted by entrant in connection with this Contest. Entrants need not be present to win. Should any portion of the Contest be, in NEA Member Benefits’ sole opinion, compromised by any virus, bugs, worms, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of NEA Member Benefits, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, NEA Member Benefits reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend or terminate the Contest.
6. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY. By entering this Contest, entrant releases and indemnifies NEA Member Benefits, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, retail locations, and advertising and promotion agencies, NEA Vacations, and the respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, dealerships, partners and agents of each of the foregoing (collectively, “Released Parties”) with respect to any and all injuries, claims, losses liabilities or damages of any kind (each, a “Loss”) arising in connection with entrant’s participation in this Contest, or resulting from the receipt, possession, ownership, use or misuse of the Prize (including, without limitation, any events occurring in connection with any travel or other activities booked or occurring through utilization of the Prize), including any resulting tax liability, or arising in connection with NEA Member Benefits’ use of any materials submitted by entrant in connection with this Contest, including, without limitation, any photographs, or arising from the breach of any representation or warranty made by entrant herein. By entering this Contest, entrants also release the Released Parties from any Loss arising from injury or damage to entrant’s or to any other person's computer related to, or resulting from, participating in this Contest or downloading materials from the Website. Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, delayed, stolen, misdirected, undelivered, illegible, damaged, or garbled, entries, tickets, number codes, or for postage-due entries or mail; (b) interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Website, or other connections; (c) availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, (d) computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with this Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of this Contest, the printing or processing of entries, the announcement of the winner or in any Contest-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest.
7. DISPUTES. Except where prohibited, by entering entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising from this Contest, the Prize, or use of the Prize, will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively in state courts located in Montgomery County, Maryland or the federal court located in Greenbelt, Maryland, and entrant waives any claim to indirect, punitive, consequential or special damages. All issues concerning the construction, validity, enforceability and interpretation of these Official Rules will be governed by and interpreted under the laws of the State of Maryland, without application of any conflicts or choice of law rules.
8. CAUTION. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Contest or the Website or who violate these Official Rules, as solely determined by NEA Member Benefits, will be disqualified from this Contest. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS; AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, NEA MEMBER BENEFITS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ AND EXPERTS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT OR OTHER PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING SEEKING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
10. WINNER(S) LIST. The winner’s name will be posted on the Website on or after July 14, 2020. In the alternative, for the name of the winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope on or before October 1, 2020 to: NEA Member Benefits, ATTN: Winner List, June 16, 2020 – July 10, 2020 NEA Member Benefits Share Your Vacations Photos Contest, Marketing Services, 900 Clopper Road, Suite 300, Gaithersburg, Maryland, 20878-1356.
11. SPONSOR AND OPERATOR. The sponsor and operator of this Contest is NEA’s Member Benefits Corporation, 900 Clopper Road, Suite 300, Gaithersburg, Maryland 20878.