NEA Member Benefits
October 31, 2019 – November 30, 2019
The Cutest Pet Contest
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, THE VIRGIN ISLANDS, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. THIS PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, PETS BEST INSURANCE SERVICES, LLC, OR ITS AFFILIATES.
1. TO ENTER. Between 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on October 31, 2019 and 11:59:59 p.m. ET on November 7, 2019 (the “Entry Period”), enter The Cutest Pet Contest (this "Contest") by registering at www.neamb.com (the “Website”). Entries must include complete name of NEA member, mailing address, email address, and name and photograph of NEA member’s pet (photograph must not include any people; photographs including people will not be considered) in order to be valid. No post office boxes or APO addresses. By entering the Contest, an entrant understands that he or she must agree to the Voluntary General Release Form that can be found at: https://www.neamb.com/-/media/files/neamb/landing-pages/the-cutest-pet-contest/voluntary_general_release_form_2019_the_cutest_pet_contest.pdf. Limit (1) entry per eligible NEA member per day. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated or mechanical means are void. All entries become the exclusive property of NEA’s Member Benefits Corporation (“NEA Member Benefits”) and will not be returned. For a copy of these Official Rules, access and print them from the Website.
2. ELIGIBILITY. Open only to NEA members who: (1) are legal residents of the U.S. or the District of Columbia; and (2) are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of NEA Member Benefits or the National Education Association, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, agents, officers, consultants, directors, and the immediate families (parent, child, spouse or sibling), or persons residing in the same household of such employees, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of NEA Member Benefits, which are binding and final on all matters relating to this Contest. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. DRAWING. NEA Member Benefits will select twelve (12) Contest finalists from the eligible pet photographs submitted during the Entry Period. NEA Member Benefits will then ask NEA members via an email to visit the website between 12:00:01 p.m. ET on November 8, 2019 and 11:59:59 a.m. ET on November 22, 2019 (the “Contest Voting Period”), to vote for the Cutest Pet out of the twelve (12) Contest finalists. NEA Member Benefits will tally the votes at their offices in Gaithersburg, Maryland on or about November 30, 2019, and the pet photograph finalist receiving the most votes during the Contest Voting Period will be named “NEA Member Benefits’ Cutest Pet for 2019”. The Contest winner will be notified by email. By entering, entrants give their express permission to be contacted by NEA Member Benefits by email.
4. GENERAL. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an online entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address in the subject entry. The Authorized Account Holder is the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses to the domain associated with the submitted email address. By entering the Contest, the winner grants permission for NEA Member Benefits and its designees to use his/her name, address (city and state), photograph, voice and/or other likeness, survey statements, and other submitted information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide in perpetuity, without notice or review or approval. (Tennessee residents need not consent to, or sign, any publicity release). Entrants need not be present to win. Should any portion of the Contest be, in NEA Member Benefits’ sole opinion, compromised by any virus, bugs, worms, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of NEA Member Benefits, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, NEA Member Benefits reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend or terminate the Contest and, in such event, NEA Member Benefits will select the Contest winner from all eligible entries received up to the time of such termination or suspension.
5. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY. By entering this Contest, entrant releases NEA Member Benefits, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, retail locations, and advertising and promotion agencies and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, dealerships, partners and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) for any and all injuries, claims, losses liabilities or damages of any kind (each, a “Loss”) arising in connection with entrant’s participation in this Contest, or resulting from the receipt, possession, ownership, use or misuse of the prize, including any resulting tax liability. By entering this Contest, entrants also release the Released Parties from any Loss arising from injury or damage to entrant’s or to any other person's computer related to, or resulting from, participating in this Contest or downloading materials from the Website. Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, delayed, stolen, misdirected, undelivered, illegible, damaged, or garbled, entries, tickets, number codes, or for postage-due entries or mail; (b) interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Website, or other connections; (c) availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, (d) computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the printing or processing of entries, the announcement of the winner or in any Contest-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest.
6. DISPUTES. Except where prohibited, by entering entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising from this Contest will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively in state courts located in Montgomery County, Maryland or the federal court located in Greenbelt, Maryland, and entrant waives any claim to indirect, punitive, consequential or special damages. All issues concerning the construction, validity, enforceability and interpretation of these Official Rules will be governed by and interpreted under the laws of the State of Maryland, without application of any conflicts or choice of law rules.
7. CAUTION. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Contest or the Website or who violate these Official Rules, as solely determined by NEA Member Benefits, will be disqualified from this Contest. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS; AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, NEA MEMBER BENEFITS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ AND EXPERTS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT OR OTHER PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING SEEKING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
9. WINNER(S) LIST. The winner’s name will be posted on the Website on or after November 30, 2019. In the alternative, for the names of the winner(s), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope on or before March 1, 2020 to: NEA Member Benefits, ATTN: Winner(s) List, October 31, 2019 – November 30, 2019 NEA Member Benefits The Cutest Pet Contest, Marketing Services, 900 Clopper Road, Suite 300, Gaithersburg, Maryland, 20878-1356.
10. SPONSOR AND OPERATOR. The sponsor and operator of this Contest is NEA’s Member Benefits Corporation, 900 Clopper Road, Suite 300, Gaithersburg, Maryland 20878.