The NEA Smart Option Student Loan by Sallie Mae is an ideal solution for families who need help paying for undergraduate or graduate college expenses not covered by scholarships, grants or federal student loans.
The NEA Smart Option Student Loan provides these benefits for students attending degree-granting institutions:
- NEA Exclusive Rate Reduction—Reduce your interest rate by .25 percentage points after making 12 consecutive on-time payments.1
- Receive a 0.25 percentage point interest rate reduction while enrolled to make scheduled payments by automatic debit.2
- Competitive variable rates from 2.50% APR to 9.59% APR. We also offer fixed interest rates from 5.74% APR to 11.85% APR.3
- No origination fee or prepayment penalties.
FLEXIBLE REPAYMENT OPTIONS
- Defer your payments until after graduation or choose an in-school repayment option that best fits your needs.3
- Get a 2% Smart Reward® in your Upromise® by Sallie Mae account when you make scheduled monthly payments on time while in school.4 (Not available with the Deferred Repayment Option.)
- Borrow up to 100% of the school-certified costs of attendance.5
Call 1-866-898-5198 or apply online.
Watch a brief overview of the different programs you can use
to help fund the cost of a college education.
Paying for College
1-5 For more important information on the rate, fees and other conditions of this program, please see the Terms and Conditions.
Win $2,000 Cash!
Every month through August, enter to win a $2,000 scholarship from Sallie Mae.
How America Pays
For College 2015
How America Pays for College 2015
Learn how American families are paying for college in this 8th annual study conducted by Sallie Mae and Ipsos.
HOW AMERICA SAVES FOR COLLEGE 2015
How America Saves for College 2015 (.pdf, 1.1M)
This annual study of how American families are saving for college expenses can be a useful resource as you plan for your own children’s education.