The NEA Prepaid Card is a convenient, easy and smart way to manage your money. But what’s a prepaid card? Add funds to the Card Account ahead of time with cash2, bank or PayPal® transfers3 or direct deposit and you can:
- Pay bills1
- Shop online or by phone
- Earn cash back on select purchases4
- Use the card everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted
What else can you do with the NEA Prepaid Card?
- Track your spending and balance with text5 or email alerts
- Set a monthly budget to manage finances or save for special purchase.
- Carry less cash or other payment cards when you travel.
- Get cash at any U.S. MoneyPass® ATM and we’ll waive the fee on your first withdrawal each month.6
Want to get paid faster each payday?
Have all or some of your payroll or government benefits payment direct deposited to the NEA Card and you’ll receive your funds up to 2 days faster.7 No waiting for a paper check and you can skip the lines to cash it.
No credit check8 or minimum balance required.
Please view the Cardholder Agreement for complete terms and conditions and additional information on fees.
1. Some bill payment services are subject to fees. See the Online Account Center for details about the range of methods offered through third-party service providers.
2. Fee may be assessed by reload location and may vary from location to location.
3. Fees for bank transfers are determined by the transferor’s bank and may be charged to the transferor’s bank account by the service provider or originating bank. No cost for online or mobile Account-to-Account transfers between NetSpend Cardholders; a $4.95 fee applies to each such transfer conducted through a NetSpend Customer Service agent.
4. NetSpend Payback RewardsSM is an optional program. You may opt-out at any time by visiting your NetSpend Payback Rewards Summary Page at your Online Account Center. The reward offers we choose and send to you are based on your shopping habits. NetSpend will not share any personal information about you with the merchants who sponsor offers. When you activate an offer and make a purchase with the card, the merchant will not know you are a NetSpend Payback Rewards customer, but you will become their customer. For more details about how and when you get rewarded, see the program FAQs, terms and conditions in your Account Center. Cash back rewards are credited to your Card Account and are not available in the form of a check or other direct payment method. Program sponsor: NetSpend Corporation. MetaBank® is not affiliated in any way with the program and neither endorses nor sponsors it.
5. No charge for this service, but your wireless carrier may charge for messages or data.
6. There is no cost for the first cash withdrawal made each calendar month at MoneyPass ATMs in the U.S. Cardholder pays a $2.50 Domestic ATM Cash Withdrawal Fee for every subsequent MoneyPass ATM cash withdrawal and for each cash withdrawal made at non-MoneyPass ATMs in the U.S., plus the ATM operator’s fee, which may vary from ATM to ATM. At ATMs outside the U.S., the International ATM Cash Withdrawal Fee is $4.95, plus the ATM operator’s fee and the Foreign Currency Conversion Fee. There are other costs, terms, and conditions associated with the use and reloading of this Card Account.
7. Faster access to funds is based on comparison of NetSpend’s immediate availability policy versus the typical banking practice of only posting funds after settlement. Direct Deposit and earlier availability of funds are subject to payor’s support of this feature and timing of payor’s funding. Check with your payor to find out when the direct deposit of funds will start.
8. IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING A NEW CARD ACCOUNT: To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens a Card Account. What this means for you: When you open a Card Account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see a copy of your driver’s license or other identifying documents. In accordance with federal regulations, until it is activated and registered, a prepaid card is subject to initial load limitations, may not be used for ATM use, international transactions, account-to-account transfers, or be reloaded. Residents of the State of Vermont are ineligible to open a Card Account.
The NEA Visa Prepaid Card is issued by MetaBank, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. NetSpend, a TSYS® Company, is an authorized Independent Sales Organization of MetaBank. Use of the Card Account is subject to ID verification and funds availability. Transaction fees, terms, and conditions apply to the use and reloading of the Card Account. See your Cardholder Agreement for details. Certain products and services may be licensed under U.S. Patent Nos. 6,000,608 and 6,189,787.
Total System Services, Inc.® All rights reserved worldwide. TSYS and NetSpend are federally registered U.S. service marks of Total System Services, Inc. All other trademarks and service marks belong to their owners.