Thank you for being an NEA member!
To help you get the most out of your membership, we’ve worked with our partners to arrange special NEA member offers, bonuses and freebies. Many are highlighted below. This is on top of the wide range of programs and services enjoyed by the NEA membership.
In addition, make sure to sign up for our free newsletters. Get timely tips and information that can help you save money, manage your finances, plan vacations and more—all tailored just for educators.
Read on to see how many of these perks you still need to check off your to-do list:
- Special bonus offer if you click on this link. With the NEA Cash Rewards Card, you can earn a special bonus if you make at least $500 in purchases in the first 90 days of opening your account. Plus, make purchases and earn cash rewards that don't expire.
- $20 new account bonus. Through the NEA Online Savings Program, NEA members and their families receive $20 for each new account type you open and fund each year, excluding IRAs.*
- $25 Amazon gift card. In addition to members saving an average of $423 per year on auto insurance, when you get a free quote from the NEA Auto & Home Insurance Program, you’ll receive a $25 Amazon gift card. Plus, you can skip your summer payments!
- Complimentary life insurance. To help provide for your family, the NEA Members Insurance Trust® makes valuable benefits available through the NEA Complimentary Life Insurance program at no extra cost to Active, Staff, Reserve and Life** members. Are you a new NEA member? For 12 months, eligible new members are provided complimentary $15,000 of term life insurance through the NEA Introductory Term Life Insurance Plan.**
- Free subscription to the Kiplinger’s Retirement Report. As part of the NEA Retirement Program, you can download a free issue of the Kiplinger’s Retirement Report each month. We cover the $40 annual subscription fee, at no cost to you.
Plus, get free, timely and useful information when you subscribe to:
- NEA Travel: Designed exclusively for educators, NEA Travel will help you plan adventures and excursions, book hotel stays for less, get discounts on your choice of rental car companies and more. Sign up!
- NEA Member Shopper's Guide: Get monthly tips and deals to help you stretch your shopping budget. Sign up!
- NEA Member Benefits Financial Whiteboard: Looking for a financial edge? Get our four-part email series with financial tools, tips, guides and more.
NOTE: Information in this article is accurate as of August 2020
* To qualify for the $20 bonus offer, the applicant must: (i) be an Eligible NEA Member (an individual who is an NEA member as of the account application date, or any of the following individuals who is related to and is registered by such an NEA member as of the account application date: parent, spouse, domestic partner, son, daughter, parent of the spouse/domestic partner), and (ii) open either an NEA CD or Money Market account through Discover Bank with an initial minimum deposit of $2,500. While the NEA Online Savings Account through Discover Bank does not require a minimum opening deposit, you must make an initial minimum deposit of $500 to receive the bonus. NEA affiliation subject to verification. Bonus limited to one per Eligible NEA Member, per product, per calendar year. IRA CDs are not eligible for this offer. Bonus will be awarded via account credit within 60 days following the end of the month in which the account is funded and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT. Account must be opened at time of account credit. Offer may be withdrawn or modified at any time without notice.
** The NEA Members Insurance Trust pays for this coverage.