NEA Member Benefits
October 1, 2021 – October 31, 2021
Fall NEA Travel Program Giveaway
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, THE VIRGIN ISLANDS, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. TO ENTER. Between 12:00:01 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on October 1, 2021 and 11:59:59 a.m. ET on October 31, 2021 (the “Entry Period”), enter the Fall NEA Travel Program Giveaway (this “Giveaway”) by (a) registering at www.neamb.com (the “Website”), and completing your entry as directed, or (b) calling 1-800-637-4636. Entries must include complete name, mailing address and email address in order to be valid. No post office boxes or APO addresses. Limit (1) entry per eligible National Education Association (“NEA”) member per day. By entering this Giveaway, an entrant understands that the entrant is opting-in to be registered with the NEA Travel Program, an online travel booking platform operated on behalf of NEA Member Benefits (“MB”) by ARRIVIA, Inc. (“ARRIVIA”), known as the “NEA Travel Program”, if not previously registered. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated or mechanical means are void. All entries become the exclusive property of MB and will not be returned. For a copy of these Official Rules, access and print them from the Website.
2. ELIGIBILITY. This Giveaway is open only to NEA members who: (1) are legal residents of the U.S. or the District of Columbia; and (2) are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of MB or the NEA, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, agents, officers, consultants, directors, and the immediate families (i.e., parent, child, spouse or sibling), or persons residing in the same household of such employees, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of MB, which are binding and final on all matters relating to this Giveaway. Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. PRIZE. Prize is one (1) prize of $450 worth of NEA Vacation Cash (ARV: $450) (“Prize”). The Prize is redeemable solely towards vacations booked by each winner through the NEA Travel Program with ARRIVIA. The Prize has limitations as follows: (a) the Prize must be used by the winner to book a vacation through the NEA Travel Program within six (6) months from the date of issuance to the winner; (b) any unused portion of the Prize will be automatically removed from the winner’s NEA Travel Program account after the expiration date indicated; (c) the Prize is not redeemable for cash or resale and cannot be cancelled or exchanged for refund; (d) the Prize may only be applied towards the purchase of qualified travel purchases through the NEA Travel Program and may not be combined with any other promotional offers; (e) the Prize may be redeemed online through the NEA Travel Program; (f) if the winner cancels his or her vacation that was booked using any portion of the Prize outside the travel provider’s cancellation window, the Prize will be the last funds applied against any penalty; (g) the Prize is not redeemable or refundable upon the cancellation or termination of a booked vacation; notwithstanding the foregoing, the winner will receive a future trip credit through the NEA Travel Program if his/her booked vacation is cancelled or terminated due to plague, pandemic, epidemic, outbreaks of infectious disease, or any other public health crisis, including quarantine or other employee restrictions; (h) the Prize is capacity-controlled, is subject to availability, and may change without prior notice; and (i) the Prize may not be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash or credited towards other purchases, or substituted, except at MB’s discretion. Other terms and conditions may apply, including, but not limited to, resort, airline, and other third party terms and conditions and restrictions. The winner is solely responsible for any and all expenses and costs in connection with accepting or using the Prize to the extent such expenses and costs are not expressly described herein as being included. Such expenses and costs include, without limitation, all federal, state and local income and other taxes, luxury taxes, insurance, gratuities, incidental expenses, and any additional expenses associated with acceptance and use of the Prize. No transfer, cash redemption or Prize substitution is permitted, except at MB’s discretion and then only for a prize of equal or greater value.
4. DRAWING. MB will select one (1) potential Prize winner in a random drawing held in Gaithersburg, Maryland on or about November 1, 2021, from among all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Odds of winning the Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. The potential winner will be notified by overnight delivery service. By entering, entrants give their express permission to be contacted by MB by email. If applicable, the potential winner must respond to notification within 10 business days of the date of such notification or the Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. If the Prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or in the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules, the Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. If the potential winner is an eligible entrant in accordance with the criteria set forth above, but is a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, the Prize may be awarded to his/her parent or legal guardian who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements of winner as set forth herein.
5. GENERAL. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an online entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address in the subject entry. “Authorized Account Holder” means the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses to the domain associated with the submitted email address. By entering the Giveaway, entrant grants permission to MB and its affiliates and their respective designees to use his/her name, address (city and state), photograph, voice and/or other likeness, survey statements, and other information submitted with the entrant’s entries and otherwise in connection with this Giveaway, for any purpose, including, without limitation, for advertising, trade and promotional purposes, and without further compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide in perpetuity, without notice or review or approval. (Tennessee residents need not consent to, or sign, any publicity release). Further, entrant hereby grants to MB and its affiliates and their respective designees a nonexclusive, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, unlimited, sublicenseable license to use, copy, distribute, publish and create derivative works from any copyrightable subject material included in entrant’s entry. Entrant represents and warrants that entrant has all rights necessary to grant the licenses to MB herein with respect to any materials included in entrant’s entry. Entrants need not be present to win. Should any portion of the Giveaway be, in MB’s sole opinion, compromised by any virus, bugs, worms, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of MB, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, MB reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend or terminate the Giveaway.
6. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY. By entering this Giveaway, entrant releases and indemnifies MB, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, retail locations, and advertising and promotion agencies, the NEA Travel Program, and the respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, dealerships, partners and agents of each of the foregoing (collectively, “Released Parties”) with respect to any and all injuries, claims, losses liabilities or damages of any kind (each, a “Loss”) arising in connection with entrant’s participation in this Giveaway, or resulting from the receipt, possession, ownership, use or misuse of the Prize (including, without limitation, any events occurring in connection with any travel or other activities booked or occurring through utilization of the Prize), including any resulting tax liability, or arising in connection with MB’s use of any materials submitted by entrant in connection with this Giveaway, including, without limitation, any photographs, or arising from the breach of any representation or warranty made by entrant herein. By entering this Giveaway, entrants also release the Released Parties from any Loss arising from injury or damage to entrant’s or to any other person's computer related to, or resulting from, participating in this Giveaway or downloading materials from the Website. Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, delayed, stolen, misdirected, undelivered, illegible, damaged, or garbled, entries, tickets, number codes, or for postage-due entries or mail; (b) interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Website, or other connections; (c) availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, (d) computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with this Giveaway, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of this Giveaway, the printing or processing of entries, the announcement of the winner or in any Giveaway-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Giveaway.
7. DISPUTES. Except where prohibited, by entering entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising from this Giveaway, the Prizes, or use of the Prize, will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively in state courts located in Montgomery County, Maryland or the federal court located in Greenbelt, Maryland, and entrant waives any claim to indirect, punitive, consequential or special damages. All issues concerning the construction, validity, enforceability and interpretation of these Official Rules will be governed by and interpreted under the laws of the State of Maryland, without application of any conflicts or choice of law rules.
8. CAUTION. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Giveaway or the Website or who violate these Official Rules, as solely determined by MB, will be disqualified from this Giveaway. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS GIVEAWAY MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS; AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, MB RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ AND EXPERTS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT OR OTHER PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING SEEKING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
10. WINNER(S) LIST. The winner’s name will be posted on the Website on or after November 15, 2021. In the alternative, for the name of the winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope on or before December 1, 2021 to: NEA Member Benefits, ATTN: Winners’ List, October 1, 2021 through October 31, 2021 NEA Member Benefits - Fall NEA Travel Program Giveaway, Marketing Services, 900 Clopper Road, Suite 300, Gaithersburg, Maryland, 20878-1356.
11. SPONSOR AND OPERATOR. The sponsor and operator of this Giveaway is NEA Member Benefits, 900 Clopper Road, Suite 300, Gaithersburg, Maryland 20878.