NEA Member Benefits
July 3, 2019 – September 30, 2019
Website Registration Giveaway
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, THE VIRGIN ISLANDS, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ALTHOUGH INDIVIDUALS WILL ENTER ON BEHALF OF THE RESPECTIVE STATE EDUCATION ASSOCIATION IN THE STATE WHERE SUCH INDIVIDUALS RESIDE, PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED TO STATE EDUCATION ASSOCIATIONS OR OTHER APPLICABLE ENTITY AFFILIATED WITH THE NATIONAL EDUCATION ASSOCIATION, AND NOT TO INDIVIDUALS.
1. TO ENTER. You may qualify your State Education Association or other applicable entity directly affiliated with the National Education Association (“SEA”) for a chance to win a prize as described in these Official Rules under the NEA Member Benefits Website Registration Giveaway (this "Giveaway”) by, registering as a new registrant between July 3, 2019 and September 30, 2019 (the “Entry Period”) on www.neamb.com (the “Website”) and completing all registration information required, which will be used to determine the potential winning SEAs. Entries must include complete name, mailing address and e-mail address in order to be valid. No post office boxes or APO addresses. Limit one (1) entry per eligible person during the entire Entry Period. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated or mechanical means are void. All entries become the exclusive property of NEA’s Member Benefits Corporation (“Sponsor”) and will not be returned. For a copy of these Official Rules, see them posted at the NEA Member Benefits booth during the NEA Representative Assembly at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston, Texas (the “RA Assembly”) held between July 3, 2019 and July 7, 2019 or access and print them from the Website.
2. ELIGIBILITY. Open only to NEA Active Members (as defined by the National Education Association’s Bylaws) who are legal residents of the U.S. or the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry, and who become new registrants on the Website during the Entry Period. Individuals who are already Website registrants as of July 2, 2019, and employees of NEA Member Benefits or the National Education Association, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, agents, officers, consultants, directors, and the immediate families (parent, child, spouse or sibling), or persons residing in the same household of such employees, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win, and any entries submitted by such individuals will not be included for purposes of the prize drawings as described in these Official Rules. By participating, entrants and their applicable SEAs agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are binding and final on all matters relating to this Giveaway. This Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. PRIZES. Nine (9) prizes will be awarded to nine (9) separate SEAs as described in these Official Rules, as follows: (1) $2,500.00 in the form of a check to be provided by Bank of America ($2,500.00 value); (2) $2,500.00 in the form of a check to be provided by First National Bank of Omaha ($2,500.00 value); (3) $1,000.00 in the form of a check to be provided by California Casualty ($1,000.00 value); (4) five (5) vouchers for “travel dollars” good towards travel arrangements made through Sponsor’s NEA Vacations Program (each voucher has a $1,000.00 discount value); (5) five (5) vouchers for “travel dollars” good towards travel arrangements made through Sponsor Sponsor’s NEA Vacations Program (each voucher has a $1,000.00 discount value); (6) five (5) vouchers for “travel dollars” good towards travel arrangements made through Sponsor’s NEA Vacations Program (each voucher has a $1,000.00 discount value); (7) twenty –five (25) vouchers for the first year for “premium” level for Sponsor’s NEA Student Loan Forgiveness Navigator powered by Savi (each voucher has a value of $29.95 each; $748.75 total value); (8) twenty –five (25) vouchers for the first year for “premium” level for Sponsor’s NEA Student Loan Forgiveness Navigator powered by Savi (each voucher has a value of $29.95 each; $748.75 total value); and (9) twenty –five (25) vouchers for the first year for “premium” level for Sponsor’s NEA Student Loan Forgiveness Navigator powered by Savi (each voucher has a value of $29.95 each; $748.75 total value). Total value of all prizes is $8,246.25. Prize-winning SEAs are solely responsible for any and all expenses and costs in connection with accepting or using prizes to the extent such expenses and costs are not expressly described herein as being awarded. Such expenses and costs include, without limitation, all federal, state and local income and other taxes, luxury taxes, insurance, and any additional expenses associated with prize acceptance and use. No transfer, cash redemption or prize substitution is permitted, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion and then only for a prize of equal or greater value.
4. AWARD. Sponsor will select the nine (9) potential prize-winning SEAs on or about October 5, 2019 from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period by measuring and ranking the top nine (9) SEAs in order of highest percentage of SEA members who have become new Website registrants resulting from valid entries during the Entry Period. It will be calculated by comparing the number of new registrations from valid entries among an SEA’s members during the Entry Period to the number of total members for that SEA as listed in the NEA’s October 1, 2019 membership report. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of valid entries received and the number of new Website registrants during the Entry Period. The potential winning SEAs will be notified by e-mail, mail, telephone or overnight delivery service, at Sponsor’s option. A representative from a potential winning SEA must respond to any such notification within ten (10) business days of the date of such notification or the applicable prize will be forfeited and an alternate SEA winner will be selected based on the rankings described above. If prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or in the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules, the applicable prize will be forfeited and an alternate SEA winner will be selected based on the rankings described above.
5. GENERAL. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an online entry or new Website registrant, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address in the subject entry or registration, as the case may be. The Authorized Account Holder is the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses to the domain associated with the submitted email address. By entering, entrants give their express permission to be contacted by Sponsor by e-mail. By entering, and by acceptance of prize, each individual entrant and each winning SEA winner (through an individual authorized to bind such SEA) grants permission for Sponsor and its designees to use any such entrant’s name, address (city and state), photograph, voice and/or other likeness, survey statements, and any such SEA’s name and other information, including prize information, for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide in perpetuity, without notice or review or approval. (Tennessee residents need not consent to, or sign, any publicity release). Should any portion of this Giveaway be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by any virus, bugs, worms, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries or registrations on the Website, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend or terminate this Giveaway and, in such event, Sponsor will select potential winners from all eligible entries received up to the time of such termination or suspension in accordance with the description of the drawing described above.
6. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY. By entering this Giveaway and by winning prizes, entrants and SEAs release NEA Member Benefits, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, retail locations, prize supplier, and advertising and promotion agencies and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, dealerships, partners and agents, as well as Bank of America, First National Bank of Omaha and California Casualty (collectively, the “Released Parties”) for any and all injuries, claims, losses liabilities or damages of any kind (each, a “Loss”) arising in connection with entrant’s participation in this Giveaway, or resulting from the receipt, possession, ownership, use or misuse of any prize, including any resulting tax liability. By entering or winning this Giveaway, entrants and SEAs also release the Released Parties from any Loss arising from injury or damage to entrant’s, SEAs, or any other person's or entity’s computer related to, or resulting from, participating in this Giveaway or downloading materials from the Website. Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, delayed, stolen, misdirected, undelivered, illegible, damaged, or garbled, entries, tickets, number codes, or for postage-due entries or mail; (b) interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Website, or other connections; (c) availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, (d) computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with this Giveaway, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of this Giveaway, the printing or processing of entries, the announcement of prizes or in any Giveaway-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Giveaway.
7. DISPUTES. Except where prohibited, by entering and by winning, as the case may be, entrants and SEAs agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising from this Giveaway or any prize awarded in connection with this Giveaway will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively in state courts located in Montgomery County, Maryland or the federal court located in Greenbelt, Maryland, and entrants and SEAs collectively waive any claim to indirect, punitive, consequential or special damages. All issues concerning the construction, validity, enforceability and interpretation of these Official Rules will be governed by and interpreted under the laws of the State of Maryland, without application of any conflicts or choice of law rules.
8. CAUTION. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Giveaway or the Website or who violate these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified from this Giveaway and any entry submitted by any such person will not be counted. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS GIVEAWAY MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS; SHOULD ANY SUCH ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ AND EXPERTS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT OR OTHER PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING SEEKING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
10. WINNER(S) LIST. The winning SEAs will be posted on the Website on or after October 20, 2019. In the alternative, for the names of the winning SEAs, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope on or before January 6, 2020 to: NEA Member Benefits, ATTN: Winner(s) List, NEA Member Benefits Website Registration Giveaway, Marketing Services, 900 Clopper Road, Suite 300, Gaithersburg, Maryland, 20878-1356.
11. SPONSOR AND OPERATOR. The sponsor and operator of this Giveaway is NEA’s Member Benefits Corporation, 900 Clopper Road, Suite 300, Gaithersburg, Maryland 20878.