NEA Member Benefits
June 5, 2023 – June 19, 2023
Summer ’23 Travel Newsletter Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, THE VIRGIN ISLANDS, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. TO ENTER. Between 12:00:01 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on June 5, 2023, and 11:59:59 a.m. ET on June 19, 2023, (the “Entry Period”), enter the Summer 23 Travel Newsletter Sweepstakes (this "Sweepstakes") by (a) registering at www.neamb.com (the “Website”), and completing your entry as directed, or (b) calling 1-800-637-4636. Entries must include complete name, mailing address and email address in order to be valid. No post office boxes or APO addresses. Limit (1) entry per eligible National Education Association (“NEA”) member during the Entry Period. By entering this Sweepstakes, an entrant understands that the entrant is opting-in to receive the NEA® Travel Newsletter, as well as opting-in to be registered with the NEA Travel Program, an online travel booking platform operated on behalf of NEA Member Benefits (“MB”) by Arrivia, Inc. (“Arrivia”), known as the “NEA Travel Program”, if not previously registered. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated or mechanical means are void. All entries become the exclusive property of MB and will not be returned. For a copy of these Official Rules, access and print them from the Website.
2. ELIGIBILITY. This Sweepstakes is open only to NEA members who: (1) are legal residents of the U.S. or the District of Columbia; and (2) are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of MB or the NEA, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, agents, officers, consultants, directors, and the immediate families (i.e., parent, child, spouse or sibling), or persons residing in the same household of such employees, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of MB, which are binding and final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. PRIZE. Two (2) prizes (each a “Prize”) will be awarded during the Entry Period. Each Prize is $250 worth of NEA Travel Dollars (ARV: $250). (ARV of all Prizes: $500.00). The Prize has no actual cash value and is redeemable solely towards partial payment, at the time of checkout, to the net amount of a travel or other transaction completed through the NEA Travel Program with Arrivia, whether purchased online or offline. The Prize has limitations as follows: (a) the Prize must be used by the winner to book a vacation through the NEA Travel Program within six (6) months from the date of issuance to the winner; (b) any unused portion of the Prize will be automatically removed from the winner’s NEA Travel Program account after the expiration date indicated; (c) the Prize is not redeemable for cash or resale and cannot be cancelled or exchanged for refund; (d) the Prize may only be applied towards the purchase of qualified travel purchases through the NEA Travel Program and may not be combined with any other discount or promotional offers; (e) the Prize may be redeemed online or offline through the NEA Travel Program; (f) each available product or service on the NEA Travel Program will specify in the description of the product or service the maximum amount of NEA Travel Dollars, if any, that may be redeemed as partial payment prior to purchasing or booking; (g) the winner of the Prize may redeem as many NEA Travel Dollars as the winner has available in the winner’s account, up to the amount specified for any particular product or service; (h) NEA Travel Dollars may only be redeemed by the primary NEA member(s) listed on the NEA membership account, upon verification of the NEA membership information; (i) if the winner cancels his or her product or service that was booked using any portion of the Prize outside the travel provider’s cancellation window, the Prize will be the last funds applied against any penalty; (j) the Prize is not redeemable or refundable upon the cancellation or termination of a booked product or service; notwithstanding the foregoing, the winner will receive a future product or service credit through the NEA Travel Program if his/her booked product or service is cancelled or terminated due to plague, pandemic, epidemic, outbreaks of infectious disease, or any other public health crisis, including quarantine or other employee restrictions; (k) the Prize is capacity-controlled, is subject to availability, and may change without prior notice; (l) the Prize may not be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash or credited towards other purchases, or substituted, except at MB’s discretion; and (m) the Prize may not be redeemed toward payment of any taxes, fees, travel insurance, shipping or handling charges. Earnings, redemption options and schedules are available online or by calling (866) 524-2807. Other terms and conditions may apply, including, but not limited to, resort, airline, and other third-party terms and conditions and restrictions. The winner is solely responsible for any and all expenses and costs in connection with accepting or using the Prize to the extent such expenses and costs are not expressly described herein as being included. Such expenses and costs include, without limitation, all federal, state and local income and other taxes, luxury taxes, insurance, gratuities, incidental expenses, and any additional expenses associated with acceptance and use of the Prize. No transfer, cash redemption or Prize substitution is permitted, except at MB’s discretion and then only for a prize of equal or greater value.
4. DRAWING. The first potential Prize winner will be selected by MB in a random drawing held in Gaithersburg, Maryland on or about June 12, 2023, from among all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. The second potential prize winner will be selected by MB in a random drawing held in Gaithersburg, Maryland on or about June 19, 2023, from among all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Odds of winning the Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. Each potential winner will be notified by overnight delivery service. By entering, entrants give their express permission to be contacted by MB by email. If applicable, each potential winner must respond to notification within 10 business days of the date of such notification or the Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. If the Prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or in the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules, the Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. If the potential winner is an eligible entrant in accordance with the criteria set forth above, but is a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, the Prize may be awarded to his/her parent or legal guardian who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements of winner as set forth herein.
5. GENERAL. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an online entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address in the subject entry. “Authorized Account Holder” means the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by the Internet Service Provider (“ISP”), on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses to the domain associated with the submitted email address. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrant grants permission to MB and its affiliates and their respective designees to use his/her name, address (city and state), photograph, voice and/or other likeness, survey statements, and other information submitted with the entrant’s entries and otherwise in connection with this Sweepstakes, for any purpose, including, without limitation, for advertising, trade and promotional purposes, and without further compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide in perpetuity, without notice or review or approval. (Tennessee residents need not consent to, or sign, any publicity release). Further, entrant hereby grants to MB and its affiliates and their respective designees a nonexclusive, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, unlimited, sublicenseable license to use, copy, distribute, publish and create derivative works from any copyrightable subject material included in entrant’s entry. Entrant represents and warrants that entrant has all rights necessary to grant the licenses to MB herein with respect to any materials included in entrant’s entry. Entrants need not be present to win. Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in MB’s sole opinion, compromised by any virus, bugs, worms, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of MB, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, MB reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes.
6. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrant releases and indemnifies MB, Arrivia, and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, retail locations, and advertising and promotion agencies, the NEA Travel Program, and the respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, dealerships, partners and agents of each of the foregoing (collectively, “Released Parties”) with respect to any and all injuries, claims, losses liabilities or damages of any kind (each, a “Loss”) arising in connection with entrant’s participation in this Sweepstakes, or resulting from the receipt, possession, ownership, use or misuse of the Prize (including, without limitation, any events occurring in connection with any travel or other activities booked or occurring through utilization of the Prize), including any resulting tax liability, or arising in connection with MB’s use of any materials submitted by entrant in connection with this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, any photographs, or arising from the breach of any representation or warranty made by entrant herein. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants also release the Released Parties from any Loss arising from injury or damage to entrant’s or to any other person's computer related to, or resulting from, participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from the Website. Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, delayed, stolen, misdirected, undelivered, illegible, damaged, or garbled, entries, tickets, number codes, or for postage-due entries or mail; (b) interrupted or unavailable network, server, ISP, Website, or other connections; (c) availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, (d) computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of this Sweepstakes, the printing or processing of entries, the announcement of the winner or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes.
7. DISPUTES. Except where prohibited, by entering entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising from this Sweepstakes, the Prizes, or use of the Prize, will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively in state courts located in Montgomery County, Maryland or the federal court located in Greenbelt, Maryland, and entrant waives any claim to indirect, punitive, consequential or special damages. All issues concerning the construction, validity, enforceability and interpretation of these Official Rules will be governed by and interpreted under the laws of the State of Maryland, without application of any conflicts or choice of law rules.
8. CAUTION. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Sweepstakes or the Website or who violate these Official Rules, as solely determined by MB, will be disqualified from this Sweepstakes. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS; AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, MB RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ AND EXPERTS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT OR OTHER PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING SEEKING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
10. WINNERS’ LIST. The winners’ names will be posted on the Website on or after June 19, 2023. In the alternative, for the name of the winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope on or before August 19, 2023, to: NEA Member Benefits, ATTN: Winners’ List, June 5, 2023, through June 19, 2023, NEA Member Benefits – Summer 23 Travel Newsletter Sweepstakes, Marketing Services, 900 Clopper Road, Suite 300, Gaithersburg, Maryland, 20878-1356.
11. SPONSOR AND OPERATOR. The sponsor and operator of this Sweepstakes is NEA Member Benefits, 900 Clopper Road, Suite 300, Gaithersburg, Maryland 20878.