It’s finally summer! The long, bright days and warm, delightful nights fuel excitement for fun and adventure, whether that’s heading out on a road trip, enjoying backyard barbecues with family and friends or lounging by the pool reading a good book. It’s time to de-stress, regroup and recharge, and we hope that you enjoy some much deserved time for yourself!
As you make your plans—drafting menus and shopping lists, gearing up for the beach or a family excursion, or stocking up on other hot summer essentials—it’s important that you get the best deal on the things you need. In addition to your go-to methods of finding great deals, remember to use your NEA member benefits, including the NEA credit card program.
Get rewarded for summer shopping
As an NEA member, you can earn rewards on all your summer purchases with the NEA Cash Rewards Card. Now each month you can choose to earn 3% cash back in 1 of 6 categories: gas, online shopping, dining, travel, drug stores, or home improvement and furnishings. Earn 2% cash back at grocery stores and wholesale clubs, and earn unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases. Earn 3% and 2% cash back on the first $2,500 in combined choice category/grocery store/wholesale club purchases each quarter, then earn 1%.
Get rewarded with cash back on your everyday purchases, including everything that’s already on your summer shopping list. You can go online to change your 3% cash back category for future purchases once each calendar month, so you can maximize your cash back based on what you plan to buy:
- Choose home furnishings to earn 3% cash back on items such as lawn chairs or a new patio umbrella for sunny afternoons on your deck. Or choose gas to earn 3% cash back when you fill up for your road trip, weekend drives to the beach and all your shopping trips. It’s up to you!
- You’ll automatically earn 2% cash back on your grocery store and wholesale club purchases: Everything from charcoal and lighter fluid, paper plates and utensils, to s’mores ingredients and beverages for all your al fresco entertaining. When you earn 2% cash back at wholesale clubs, you can rack up rewards while keeping the freezer stocked with those summer popsicles you can’t buy fast enough, or buying enough hamburger and hotdog buns for the family reunion barbecue! You’ll earn 3% and 2% cash back on the first $2,500 in combined choice category/grocery store/wholesale club purchases each quarter, then earn 1%.
- And you’ll earn 1% cash back on all other purchases you need for the summer, such as sunscreen, new bathing suits and more.
Summer also means back-to-school shopping!
Much as you may not want to think about it right now, avoid August stress by planning for back to school now. Take some time to evaluate your back-to-school wardrobe, dream about a perfect new classroom layout and make lists for school supply runs for you and your family.
Bonus: All of these purchases could earn rewards! So to earn cash back on the school supplies you buy, keep the NEA Cash Rewards Card in your wallet.
- Switch your category to online shopping and earn 3% cash back on all of your back-to-school online purchases, including clothes, shoes, backpacks, classroom supplies and more. Use your NEA Cash Rewards Card when you shop through NEA Discount Marketplace, powered by Rakuten, to get even more for your money. With this shopping platform, you can find exclusive deals on brand-name items and earn cash back when you shop.
- You'll continue to earn 2% cash back on lunch box items at grocery stores and the pencils or folders you purchase at wholesale clubs.
- And earn 1% cash back on all other purchases on your back-to-school shopping trips!
Start earning rewards and receive a special Bonus Offer
If you don’t yet have the card, now is the perfect time to take advantage of a special incentive for new account holders. You can get a special bonus offer with your new Cash Rewards credit card. Then you’ll be ready for fruitful shopping excursions all year long. And the next list you make could be a wish list for spending your newly-earned rewards!