10 Ways to Get Rewarded When You Shop This Holiday Season
Earn rewards automatically when you buy gifts, hosting supplies and more with this newly-enhanced member benefit.
As the days get shorter and colder (for most of you!), our thoughts turn to everything that will happen during the holiday season, whether you’re gearing up for Thanksgiving dinner, hosting extended family for holiday festivities or opening presents with friends and family.
Costs can quickly add up, so as you draft your menus and shopping lists, organize family get-togethers or stock up on other winter essentials, plan ahead to make sure you get the best deals on all the things you need to make the holiday season great.
In addition to your go-to methods of finding great deals, your NEA member benefits can really help you stretch your holiday budget, and that includes the NEA Cash Rewards Card. By earning cash rewards on your purchases, you’ll get more out of the money you already know you’re going to spend.
Try these 10 budget-friendly tips to help maximize your credit card rewards and get the biggest bang for your holiday budget dollar.
Get Rewarded for Everyday Shopping
- Earn 3% cash back when you fill up your tank to visit family and to drive all over town on your holiday shopping excursions.
- Earn 2% cash back on your grocery store and wholesale club purchases as you stock up on everything from your Thanksgiving turkey, to holiday baking ingredients, to platters of food for group gatherings.
- Now that you can earn 2% cash back at wholesale clubs, you can rack up rewards while buying an extended family’s worth of candy canes, new winter coats for the entire clan or enough sets of holiday lights to illuminate the neighborhood!
(NOTE: 2% and 3% category rewards bonuses apply on up to $2,500 in combined quarterly spend in those categories.)
- Earn 1% cash back on everything else, from a new winter sled and special gifts to new holiday outfits for the kids and a festive tree that fills your family room with sparkling lights.
Use Your NEA Cash Rewards Credit Card to Boost Other NEA Member Benefits
- Find great shopping deals—from top retailers such as Macy’s, Best Buy and Bed, Bath & Beyond—and earn WOWPoints through NEA Click & Save. Pay with your NEA Cash Rewards Card to earn 1% cash back.
- Get special member perks and discounts through our 5 car rental partners, and earn 1% cash back on your rental, plus earn 3% cash back on the gas you need for your trip!
- Sending flowers over the holidays? NEA members get a 20% discount through 1800Flowers.com, plus you’ll earn 1% cash back when you pay with the NEA Cash Rewards Card.
- If you like to give magazines as gifts, get up to 85% off the cover price on over 800 titles, including Highlights, The New Yorker, Scholastic Teacher and Time Magazine, through the NEA Magazine Service, plus earn 1% cash back!
Take Advantage of Post-holiday Deals
Score phenomenal deals on goodies for next year when you buy after the holidays, when many items are deeply discounted. Stock up on holiday lights and decorations, greeting cards and more. Bonus: All of these purchases can earn rewards, so keep the NEA Cash Rewards Card handy!
Apply Now to Get a $150 Cash Rewards Bonus Offer
If you don’t have the NEA Cash Rewards Card yet, now is the perfect time to take advantage of a special incentive for new account holders. You can qualify for a $150 cash rewards bonus by using your new rewards card to make at least $500 in purchases within 90 days of your account’s open date. Then you’ll be ready for fruitful shopping excursions all year long. The next list you make could be a wish list for spending your newly earned rewards!
This credit card program is issued and administered by Bank of America, N.A.
Also in this issue
More popular articles from this edition of NEAchieve!