Junior Library Guild (JLG) is a book review service that takes the guess work out of choosing which newly published books to purchase. With years of experience in the industry, our editors are able to choose the very best titles that both you and your students will love.
Editors’ selections are arranged in categories based on grade level, age and genre. Customers order as many levels as needed and one newly-published hardcover book is shipped per month (September through June) in each category.
- High-quality books with library bindings whenever available from the publisher
- Lexile and Accelerated Reader designations
- Common Core and State standards reports for all of our book selections
Currently, Junior Library Guild offers you nine levels. Carefully selected by School Library Journal magazine and Junior Library Guild editors, these titles are the best books from nonfiction sets that concentrate solely on informational text and factual learning. The levels are:
- Science – Grades K-2
- Social Studies – Grades K-2
- Science – Grades 3-5
- Social Studies – Grades 3-5
- History – Grades 3-5
- How-To – Grades 3-5
- Science – Grades 6-8
- Social Studies – Grades 6-8
- History – Grades 6-8
- $174.00 per level (10 month order), a 7% discount off list price
- Free shipping on all orders.
- Exceptional backlist titles at outstanding prices — some as low as $5 each.
- Booktalks and Professional Development — schedule a webinar or on-site visit at your school, and experience the best in new and soon-to-be-released children’s and young adult books OR practical learning workshop on Informational Texts and Where to Find them: Online Resources for Nonfiction and the Common Core State Standards.