Educators are savvy spenders—always on the lookout for a great deal, a coupon code or a special teacher discount from their favorite retailers.
As an educator and a member of the National Education Association, you deserve to be rewarded with special shopping discounts. That’s why we’ve created a brand-new NEA member benefit…
Our NEA Discount Marketplace has specially negotiated online shopping deals, many exclusively for NEA members, on everything from dining certificates and clothing to housewares and electronics, from thousands of retailers. We’re updating these offers regularly, so be sure to check back often!
This benefit is powered by Rakuten, the popular online shopping platform, so you’ll also earn cash back when you make purchases. You can receive your cash back quarterly either via a check or PayPal. This is money that comes back to you, and you can then spend it however and wherever you like.
How it works
- On the NEA Discount Marketplace page, you can see all of the deals that are available. Exclusive, limited-time deals for NEA members are featured at the top of the deals section.
- Browse the offers by scrolling or using the filters on the left side of the page. You can sort deals by cash-back amount or by store name.
- You’ll see the cash-back amount being offered by the retailers. When you find a deal you like, click the box it’s in to access it.
- NOTE: You’ll need to be logged in to access the special NEA discounts, so if you aren’t already, you’ll be prompted to do so.
- Clicking the offer box will take you to the retailer’s site, where you’ll earn the cash-back amount offered when you make a purchase.
- Shop and save!
- Come back and check the NEA Discount Marketplace often. The deals can come and go quickly, and you don’t want to miss out.
What kind of educator discounts can I find here?
We’re frequently updating our NEA Discount Marketplace offers in conjunction with a variety of popular retailers. For example, on any given day, you may find a deal to get yourself some comfortable shoes from New Balance; a flash offer on dining certificates from Restaurant.com; discounts on laptops from Dell; sales on clothing from Macys; and much more.
Can I use these teacher discounts in stores?
These special deals have been specially negotiated for all NEA members to use while shopping online. Because these educator discounts are for NEA members only, you must access them through neamb.com, on the NEA Discount Marketplace page.
How can I get my NEA discount?
Log in to neamb.com (create an account if you haven’t already), search the NEA Discount Marketplace to find a deal you’re interested in. You’ll see the cash-back percentage the retailer is offering when you shop through NEA Discount Marketplace.
Click the box to be taken to the retailer’s site so you can qualify for cash-back earnings on your purchase.
How can I get my cash-back earnings?
When you shop through the NEA Discount Marketplace, your cash-back earnings for each purchase will be reported back by the retailer. As you shop throughout the quarter, your cash-back total will build. Once per quarter, you’ll receive your cash-back reward either via a check or PayPal.
How can I help my fellow union members get these discounts?
Share this information with your colleagues so they can take advantage of these exclusive NEA member benefit discounts. The easiest way is to click the “social share” buttons, which you can find at the top of this page as well as at the top of the NEA Discount Marketplace page.
Can my family and friends use this shopping benefit?
Only NEA members are eligible to participate directly in the NEA Discount Marketplace, powered by Rakuten. However, once you’ve established your account, you can use Rakuten’s Refer-A-Friend program, which provides a monetary bonus to both the referring member and the referred individual You find more details about how the program works on Rakuten’s website.
Any people you refer who aren’t NEA members can shop through Rakuten directly, but they won’t be able to shop through the NEA Discount Marketplace or take advantage of the deals we’ve specially negotiated for NEA members.