Which companies offer discounts for teachers and other education professionals? We’ve done the searching for you! Below you’ll find a great selection of teacher discounts from retailers and service providers as well as special offers from NEA Member Benefits for union members.*
You don’t have to wait for the annual Teacher Appreciation Week to get special deals: From discounts on clothing, school supplies and travel, to deals on car insurance and much more, make this your go-to shopping list for finding year-round teacher discounts and special offers to save money on all your home and classroom needs.
As a special bonus, members of the National Education Association have access to our online shopping portal, NEA Discount Marketplace, where you can find deals and earn cash back when you buy from thousands of well-known retailers. This online shopping program has specially negotiated exclusive deals for NEA members, and you can search here for deals and cash-back offers from popular stores that may not directly offer teacher discounts, such as Lowe’s, The Home Depot, J. Crew, Banana Republic, The Container Store and many more.
We update these deals regularly, so be sure to check back often to see what you can save on everything from dining certificates and clothing to housewares and electronics. Make this your first stop for shopping!
Books, magazines and more
- Barnes and Noble. The B&N Educators Discount gives PreK-12 educators, librarians and homeschool teachers 20% off publisher’s list price on select purchases for classroom use including most hardcover and paperback books, toys and games and up to 25% off during Educator Appreciation Days.
- Half-Price Books. Educators, teachers and librarians can save 10% year round on in-store (not online) purchases of books and educational supplies with an Educator Discount Card from Half Price Books. Stock up for your classroom or get yourself a treat to read.
- NEA Magazine Service. Choose from over 800 selections covering news, sports, fitness, entertainment, hobbies, family and education—at the guaranteed lowest introductory price available!*
- The New York Times. An education rate is available to K-12 educators. This includes digital access.
- The Wall Street Journal. Through its revamped education offerings, high schools can get some print copies and digital access, and the college program is available to participating institutions.
- Blick for Educators. Save on art supplies! Dick Blick offers discounts, coupons, lesson plans and more on art and classroom supplies for schools.
- Dollar General. Create an account and verify your teaching credentials to receive special offers so you can save on supplies for your classroom—and your home too.
- JOANN Teacher Rewards. Save 15% on purchases at JOANN Fabric and Craft Stores with their teacher rewards discount card.
- Michael’s. Save 15% on in-store and online purchases. (Michael’s has acquired A.C. Moore, which has closed down.)
- NEA Office & Classroom Supplies Program. When you show your school ID at checkout online or in stores, Office Depot/Office Max stores’ Give Back to Schools Program lets you give credits to your PreK-12 public or private school for 5% of the purchase price on qualifying school supplies such as notebook paper, pens, pads and binders. NEA members also can get discounts on classroom supplies, furniture, printing services and more through the NEA Office & Classroom Supplies Program.
- Party City. Provide a signed letter from your administration and receive a 10%-20% discount on in-store purchases. Read the details to get started.
- Pencils.com. Save 10% on purchases with their educator discount program.
- Staples. Enroll in the Classroom Rewards program and receive up to $1,000 every 180 days to use on classroom supplies from Staples. Parents donate 5% of their purchases to a teacher or school of their choosing, so you’ll need to enroll before parents can choose you as a recipient. Earn $5 rewards dollars just for signing up. Staples retooled the program in June 2021 for use on a special app.
- A to Z Teacher Stuff. Get low prices on teaching eBooks and ready-to-use classroom activities created and classroom-tested by teachers in the United States, Canada, and around the world with no membership or shipping fees from A to Z Teacher Stuff. Many downloads are free.
- Every Kid Outdoors. Are you a fourth-grade educator? You can get free passes to national parks for your students. These passes give them free access to all national parks, lands and waters for a full year.
- Kennedy Space Center. The Educator Study Pass offers Florida, Georgia, Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands K-12 teachers complimentary access to the Visitor Complex. KSC also offers educator resources, a newsletter, and information on field trips.
- PBS Learning Media. Register free for access to thousands of classroom-ready, curriculum-targeted, digital resources and lesson plans aligned to Common Core and national standards. Basic service is free to PreK-12 educators.
- Adidas. A 30% discount online and in-store and 20% at factory outlets. Classroom teachers, school employees and professors are verified through ID.me to be eligible for the special discounts.
- Loft Loves Teachers. Sign up for Ann Taylor’s Loft Loves Teachers emails list to get teacher-only exclusive perks and a 15% teacher discount when you shop in Ann Taylor Loft stores.
- Madewell. The clothing and accessories store typically offers a 15% discount to teachers who’ve verified their educator status with a valid school ID.
- Under Armour. Teachers and other education professionals are included in Under Armour’s first responder and military discount plan. That gives you a 20% discount when shopping on UA.com, UA App, and UA Brand House, and 10% discount at UA Factory House. Your educator status is verified through ID.me, using public records, a valid school ID, certification, a paystub or an administrator letter. Choose Military and First Responder Discount at checkout.
- Zappos. When you confirm your educator status, you’ll be eligible for 10% off your orders. You’ll need to re-verify annually to continue to receive the teacher discount.
Electronics and software
- Academic Superstore. This online software outlet offers thousands of top software titles and other technology items at great discounts.
- Adobe. Adobe offers significant discounts on software, including 60% off Creative Cloud, to students and educators.
- The Apple Store. Save on a new Mac or new iPad with a teacher discount on Apple products at the Apple Store for Education. Education pricing is available on Macs, iPads and accessories.
- AT&T. NEA members can save with a 15% teacher discount on AT&T cellphone service for you and your family.* AT&T is the only unionized wireless company.
- Bose products. Educators and members of educational associations save up to 15% on Bose products including music systems, surround sound systems, headphones and earbuds, and portable music devices for home and school.
- Dell, Lenovo, Best Buy and many more. NEA members can search the current deals and cash-back offers through NEA Discount Marketplace to buy laptops, TVs, software and other technological necessities.*
- JourneyEd.com. Provides discounts on software and technology products to students, faculty, staff, educational institutions and public school districts.
- Microsoft for Education. Shop the Microsoft Education Store and you can save 10% on Surface, select software and more.
- Western Digital. Save up to 15% through the Western Digital Store.
Health & wellness
- NEA Dental and Vision Insurance Program. As an NEA member, you have access to comprehensive dental and vision plan options that are both affordable and easy to use.*
- NEA Mental Health Program. Get clinically validated tools to manage stress, anxiety or depression. NEA members get free premium access for 30 days, then 25% off on a subscription, as well as a 10% discount on confidential coaching.*
Insurance & protection plans
- NEA Auto & Home Insurance Program. NEA members save an average $423 per year with car insurance discounts, and enjoy member-only rates, skip payment options, and waived or reduced deductibles.
- NEA Complimentary Life Insurance. The NEA Members Insurance Trust makes valuable benefits available at no extra cost to Active, Staff, Reserve and Life members.*
- NEA Pet Insurance Program. NEA members in most states are eligible for a 5% special discount.* Plus, take advantage of 24/7 veterinary advice powered by whiskerDocs via call, chat or email.
- LEGOLAND Florida. Free one-year pass for Florida teachers. Read the details.
- Movies, events, theme parks and more. NEA members can search for great deals at movie theatres, sports arenas, amusement parks and more through the NEA Discount Tickets Program.*
- Museums. Check with museums in your area and in your vacation destinations in the United States, as many offer an exclusive discount for educators.
- SeaWorld Orlando. Complimentary SeaWorld Florida Teacher Card to all active and certified K-12 Florida teachers. Unlimited admissions through August 31, 2022.
- Theatrical Development Fund. Students and teachers are among those eligible for membership. TDF members get special access to deeply discounted tickets available online and in advance for hundreds of Broadway, Off Broadway and off-Off Broadway theatre shows, dance performances and music concerts. Once you’re a member ($40 annually), tickets cost only $11-$57! Save up to 70% on hundreds of theatre, dance and music shows daily.
- NEA Travel Program. Enjoy a world of travel discounts for teachers and education professionals. Save now on car rental, hotels, airfare, cruises, guided tours, resorts and attractions that fit your needs and your budget. Save even more with Travel Dollars!*
NOTE: Information in this article is accurate as of March 2022
*NEA Member Benefits programs are available only to NEA members and their families. Interested in becoming a member of the NEA? Learn more here. As a member, your spouse/domestic partner, children and parents are eligible for many NEA member benefits.
Questions? Contact us or call the NEA Member Advocacy Center at 1-800-637-4636 (Mon-Fri: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET, Sat: 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. ET).