More than 200,000 members rely on NEA Group Term Life Insurance.
Here are a few reasons why:
- The lowest, group-discounted rates in our history: Members, spouses, domestic partners1 and dependent children are all eligible for exclusive rates.
- Flexible coverage levels from $25,000 to $500,000.2 There’s no long-term commitment. You decide how long you want coverage—and you can always increase or decrease it.3
- Full benefits until age 704 and no medical exam to apply (in most
cases).5 Once you’re approved, your coverage amount remains the same—even if your health changes. You can’t be dropped for health reasons.
- No premiums if you lose your job. The NEA Members Insurance Trust® will pay them for you, for up to 12 months. All you have to do is remain a member. Premiums can also be waived if you become disabled.
- 50% of your benefit can be paid while you’re alive.6 If you become terminally ill, accelerated benefits can help your family with expenses.
- An optional accidental death rider7 doubles benefits for your loved ones.
- Discounts for non-smokers and competitive smoker rates are available.
How much life insurance does your family need?
Experts suggest 5 to 7 times your annual salary in coverage.8 So even if your school district provides coverage, it may not be adequate. Assess your family’s individual needs with our simple calculator.
The NEA Members Insurance Trust makes it easy to add coverage.
We serve members with only one goal: To save you money on superior coverage. We can give you more for less because we’re not in business to make a profit. And we’re not alone. To ensure the security of NEA policies, we work with one of the most trusted names in insurance: NEA Group Term Life is issued by The Prudential Insurance Company of America.
1. Includes domestic partner or registered domestic partner. Spouse cannot enroll for coverage unless member also enrolls.
2. A medical exam is required for coverage amounts of $400,000 and $500,000.
3. Subject to underwriting approval and cannot exceed $500,000.
4. At age 70, your benefit reduces to half the original amount. At age 75, it reduces to 10% of that amount.
5. Issuance of coverage may depend on answers to health questions in the enrollment form and availability of current health information.
6. Accelerated Death Benefit option is a feature that is made available to group life insurance participants. It is not a health, nursing home or long-term care insurance benefit and is not designed to eliminate the need for those types of insurance coverage. The death benefit is reduced by the amount of the accelerated death benefit paid. There is no administrative fee to accelerate benefits. Receipt of accelerated death benefits may affect eligibility for public assistance and may be taxable. The federal income tax treatment of payments made under this rider depends upon whether the insured is the recipient of the benefits and is considered terminally ill. You may wish to seek professional tax advice before exercising this option.
7. For NY Residents: This policy provides ACCIDENT insurance only. It does NOT provide basic hospital, basic medical or major medical insurance as defined by the New York Department of Financial Services. IMPORTANT NOTICE: THIS POLICY DOES NOT PROVIDE COVERAGE FOR SICKNESS.
8. 2012 source: http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/money101/lesson20/index4.htm.
[This site may contain marketing language, on products issued by the Prudential Insurance Company of America, that have not yet been approved in all states.]
The NEA Group Term Life Insurance Plan is issued by The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ. The Booklet-Certificate contains all details including any policy exclusions, limitations and restrictions which may apply. Contract Series: 83500. CA COA# 1179. NAIC# 68241.