NEA Member Benefits
May 17, 2023 – May 31, 2023
Spring Savings Giveaway
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, THE VIRGIN ISLANDS, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. TO ENTER. Between 12:00:01 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on May 17, 2023, and 12:00:00 p.m. ET on May 31, 2023, (the “Entry Period”), enter the Spring Savings Giveaway (this ‘Giveaway”) by (a) registering at www.neamb.com (the “Website”), and completing your entry as directed, or (b) calling 1-800-637-4636. Entries must include complete name, mailing address and email address in order to be valid. No post office boxes or APO addresses. By entering the Giveaway, an entrant understands that he or she is opting-in to receive the NEA Member’s Shopper’s Guide Newsletter. Limit (1) entry per eligible National Education Association (“NEA”) member per day. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated or mechanical means are void. All entries become the exclusive property of NEA Member Benefits (“MB”) and will not be returned. For a copy of these Official Rules, access and print them from the Website.
2. ELIGIBILITY. Open only to NEA members who: (1) are legal residents of the U.S. or the District of Columbia; and (2) are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of MB or the NEA, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, agents, officers, consultants, directors, and the immediate families (parent, child, spouse or sibling), or persons residing in the same household of such employees, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of MB, which are binding and final on all matters relating to this Giveaway. This Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. PRIZE. Two (2) prizes (each a “Prize”) will be awarded. Each Prize is one (1) $250.00 Sutton Bank Visa Gift Card. (ARV of all Prizes: $500.00.) The terms and conditions that apply to use of Prize can be found at: hhttps://balance.vanillagift.com/#/cardholderAgreement. The Prize winner is solely responsible for any and all expenses and costs in connection with accepting or using his or her Prize to the extent such expenses and costs are not expressly described herein as being awarded. Such expenses and costs include, without limitation, all federal, state and local income and other taxes, luxury taxes, insurance, and any additional expenses associated with Prize acceptance and use. No transfer, cash redemption or Prize substitution is permitted, except at MB’s discretion and then only for a prize of equal or greater value.
4. DRAWING. MB will select two (2) potential Prize winners in a random drawing held in Gaithersburg, Maryland on or about May 31, 2023, from among all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Odds of winning the Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. Each potential Prize winner will be notified by overnight delivery service. By entering, entrants give their express permission to be contacted by MB by email. If applicable, each potential Prize winner must respond to notification within 10 business days of the date of such notification or the Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. If Prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or in the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules, the Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. If a potential Prize winner is an eligible entrant in accordance with the criteria set forth above, but is a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, the Prize may be awarded to his/her parent or legal guardian who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements of winner as set forth herein.
5. GENERAL. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an online entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address in the subject entry. The Authorized Account Holder is the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by the Internet Service Provider (“ISP”), on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses to the domain associated with the submitted email address. By acceptance of the Prize, the winner grants permission for MB and its designees to use his/her name, address (city and state), photograph, voice and/or other likeness, survey statements, and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide in perpetuity, without notice or review or approval. (Tennessee residents need not consent to, or sign, any publicity release). Entrants need not be present to win. Should any portion of the Giveaway be, in MB’s sole opinion, compromised by any virus, bugs, worms, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of MB, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, MB reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend or terminate the Giveaway and, in such event, MB will select the potential Prize winner from all eligible entries received up to the time of such termination or suspension.
6. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY. By entering this Giveaway, entrant releases MB, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, retail locations, prize supplier, and advertising and promotion agencies and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, dealerships, partners and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) for any and all injuries, claims, losses liabilities or damages of any kind (each, a “Loss”) arising in connection with entrant’s participation in this Giveaway, or resulting from the receipt, possession, ownership, use or misuse of the Prize, including any resulting tax liability. By entering this Giveaway, entrants also release the Released Parties from any Loss arising from injury or damage to entrant’s or to any other person's computer related to, or resulting from, participating in this Giveaway or downloading materials from the Website. Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, delayed, stolen, misdirected, undelivered, illegible, damaged, or garbled, entries, tickets, number codes, or for postage-due entries or mail; (b) interrupted or unavailable network, server, ISP, Website, or other connections; (c) availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, (d) computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Giveaway, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Giveaway, the printing or processing of entries, the announcement of the prize or in any Giveaway-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Giveaway.
7. DISPUTES. Except where prohibited, by entering entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising from this Giveaway or the Prize awarded in connection with this Giveaway will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively in state courts located in Montgomery County, Maryland or the federal court located in Greenbelt, Maryland, and entrant waives any claim to indirect, punitive, consequential or special damages. All issues concerning the construction, validity, enforceability and interpretation of these Official Rules will be governed by and interpreted under the laws of the State of Maryland, without application of any conflicts or choice of law rules.
8. CAUTION. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Giveaway or the Website or who violate these Official Rules, as solely determined by MB, will be disqualified from this Giveaway. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS GIVEAWAY MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS; AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, MB RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ AND EXPERTS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT OR OTHER PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING SEEKING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
10. WINNER(S) LIST. The winners’ names will be posted on the Website on or after May 31, 2023. In the alternative, for the names of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope on or before July 31, 2023, to: NEA Member Benefits, ATTN: Winners’ List, May 17, 2023 – May 31, 2023, NEA Member Benefits Spring Savings Giveaway, Marketing Services, 900 Clopper Road, Suite 300, Gaithersburg, Maryland, 20878-1356.
11. SPONSOR AND OPERATOR. The sponsor and operator of this Giveaway is NEA Member Benefits, 900 Clopper Road, Suite 300, Gaithersburg, Maryland 20878.