Which stores offer teacher discounts? We’ve done the searching for you! Below, find a great selection of teacher discounts from retailers, service providers and offers from NEA Member Benefits.* From discounts on clothing for teachers to deals on travel, make this your go-to shopping list!
YEAR-ROUND TEACHER DISCOUNTS
Take advantage of these ongoing teacher discounts and special offers to save money on all your home and classroom needs.
Books, magazines and more
- Barnes and Noble. The B&N Educators Discount gives PreK-12 educators, librarians and homeschool teachers 20% off publisher’s list price on select purchases for classroom use including most hardcover and paperback books, toys and games and up to 25% off during Educator Appreciation Days.
- Half-Price Books. Educators, teachers and librarians can save 10% year round on in-store (not online) purchases of books and educational supplies with an Educator Discount Card from Half Price Books. Stock up for your classroom or get yourself a treat to read.
- NEA Magazine Service. Choose from over 800 selections covering news, sports, fitness, entertainment, hobbies, family and education—at the guaranteed lowest introductory price available!*
- The New York Times. An education rate is available to K-12 educators. This includes digital access.
- The Wall Street Journal. Through the Journal-in-Education Program, students get a discount off the regular rate. Professors receive a free 6-month subscription and a $25 Amazon.com gift card when students subscribe.
- A.C. Moore. Present your school ID, pay stub or other qualifying identification to get 15% off regular and sale priced purchases of arts and crafts supplies at A.C. Moore.
- Ben Franklin Crafts. Receive a 10% teacher discount on classroom material purchases.
- Blick for Educators. Save on Blick art supplies!Dick Blick offers discounts, coupons, lesson plans and more on art and classroom supplies for schools.
- JOANN Teacher Rewards. Save 15% on purchases at JOANN Fabric and Craft Stores with their teacher rewards discount card.
- Michael’s. Save 15% on in-store purchases. See a store associate for details.
- Office Depot/Office Max. Office Depot/Office Max stores’ Give Back to Schools Program lets you give your PreK-12 public or private school 5% of the purchase price on qualifying school supplies such as notebook paper pens, pads and binders.
- Party City. Provide a signed letter from your administration and receive a 10-20% discount on in-store purchases. Read the details to get started.
- Pencils.com. Save 10% on purchases with their educator discount program.
- Staples. Enroll in the Classroom Rewards program and receive up to $250 to use on classroom supplies from Staples. Parents donate 5% of their purchases to a teacher or school of their choosing, so you’ll need to enroll before parents can choose you as a recipient. Earn $5 rewards dollars just for signing up.
- The Container Store. Sign up for the Organized Teacher Discount Program and get discounts sent to you throughout the year. Program ends December 31, 2019.
- A to Z Teacher Stuff. Get low prices on teaching eBooks and ready-to-use classroom activities created and classroom-tested by teachers in the US, Canada, and around the world with no membership or shipping fees from A to Z Teacher Stuff. Many downloads are free.
- Every Kid in a Park. Are you a fourth-grade educator? You can get free passes to national parks for your student. These passes gives them free access to all national parks, lands and waters through August 31, 2020.
- Kennedy Space Center. The Educator Study Pass offers Florida, Georgia, Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands K-12 teachers complimentary access to the Visitor Complex and KSC’s Educator Resource Center (ERC). By using the Educator Study Pass, you can get tips for field trips, learn about new education programs and find interesting facts to integrate with your science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) curriculum.
- PBS Learning Media. Register free for access to thousands of classroom-ready, curriculum-targeted, digital resources and lesson plans aligned to Common Core and national standards. Basic service is free to PreK-12 educators.
Electronics and software
- Academic Superstore. This online software outlet offers thousands of top software titles and other technology items at great discounts.
- Adobe. Adobe offers significant discounts on software, including 60% off Creative Cloud, to students and educators.
- The Apple Store. Save on a new Mac or new iPad with a teacher discount on Apple products at the Apple Store for Education. Education pricing is available on Macs, iPads, accessories, apps, iBooks and iTunesU courses.
- Bose products. Educators and members of educational associations save up to 15% on Bose products including music systems, surround sound systems, headphones and earbuds and portable music devices for home and school.
- JourneyEd.com. Provides discounts on software and technology products to students, faculty, staff, educational institutions and public school districts.
- Microsoft for Education. Shop the Microsoft Education Store and you can save 10% on Surface, select software and more.
- AT&T. Save with a 15% teacher discount on AT&T cellphone service for you and your family.* AT&T is the only unionized wireless company.
- Sony. Educators can find discounts through Sony’s Eye on Education Program. Learn more about their pricing here.
- Western Digital. Save up to 20% through the Western Digital Store.
- 1800Flowers.com. NEA members save 20%!* Get teacher discounts on flowers, wine, chocolates, snacks, meat, seafood and more from the entire 1800Flowers family of brands: 1800Flowers.com, 1800Baskets.com, Cheryl’s, Harry & David, Fruit Bouquets, The Popcorn Factory, Simply Chocolate, Wolferman’s, Personalization Universe and Stockyards.
- Openfit. Participate in live online fitness classes, on-demand programs and get nutrition advice. In late March, 2020, the company kicked off an extended 60-day free trial just for educators. Click this link, and use your .edu email address and the code EDUCATOR2020 to get access now.
Health & wellness
- NEA Dental and Vision Insurance Program. As an NEA member, you have access to comprehensive dental and vision plan options that are both affordable and easy to use.*
- NEA Hearing Aid Program. With your NEA member discount you can save 20-50% off the average local retail prices of name-brand, high-tech hearing aids.*
Insurance & protection plans
- NEA Auto & Home Insurance Program. Call for a free quote and receive a complimentary $25 Amazon gift card.*
- NEA Complimentary Life Insurance. The NEA Members Insurance Trust makes valuable benefits available at no extra cost to Active, Staff, Reserve and Life members.*
- NEA Pet Insurance Program. NEA members in most states are eligible for a 5% discount.* Plus, take advantage of 24/7 veterinary advice powered by whiskerDocs via call, chat or email.
- LEGOLAND California. Free admission for California teachers! See the 2020 dates.
- LEGOLAND Florida. Free one-year pass for Florida teachers. Read the details.
- Local Museums. Check with your local museum, as many offer an educator discount.
- Theatrical Development Fund. TDF members get special access to deeply discounted tickets available online and in advance for hundreds of Broadway, Off Broadway and off-Off Broadway theatre shows, dance performances and music concerts. Once you’re a member ($35 your first year), tickets cost only $9-$47! Save up to 70% on hundreds of theatre, dance and music shows daily.
- NEA Travel Program. Enjoy a world of travel discounts for teachers and education professionals. Save now on car rental, hotels, airfare, cruises, guided tours, resorts and attractions that fit your needs and your budget. Save even more with Travel Dollars!*
- Banana Republic. Enjoy a 15% teacher discount on full-priced purchases in Banana Republic stores with a valid Teacher I.D.
- J.Crew Teachers and College Student Discount. Show a valid school ID at checkout to take advantage of a 15% discount on in-store purchases.
- Loft Loves Teachers. Sign up for Ann Taylor’s Loft Loves Teachers emails list to get teacher-only exclusive perks and a 15% teacher discount when you shop in Ann Taylor Loft stores.
NOTE: Information in this article is accurate as of August 2020
*NEA Member Benefits programs are available only to NEA members and their families. Interested in becoming a member of the NEA? Learn more here. As a member, your spouse/domestic partner, children and parents are eligible for many NEA member benefits.
Questions? Contact us or call the NEA Member Advocacy Center at 1-800-637-4636 (Mon-Fri: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET, Sat: 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. ET).