Don’t Miss Your Special NEA Member Perks
Score gifts and other exclusive deals, thanks to your NEA membership! Get rewarded now!
Thank you for being an NEA member!
To help you get the most out of your membership, we’ve worked with our partners to arrange special NEA member offers, bonuses and freebies. Many are highlighted below. This is on top of the wide range of programs and services enjoyed by the NEA membership.
In addition, make sure to sign up for our free newsletters. Get timely tips and information that can help you save money, manage your finances, plan vacations and more—all tailored just for educators.
Read on to see how many of these perks you still need to check off your to-do list:
- $150 cash rewards bonus offer if you click on this link. With the NEA® Cash Rewards Card, you can earn a $150 cash rewards bonus if you make at least $500 in purchases in the first 90 days. Plus, earn cash rewards that are automatic—with no need to enroll or sign up—and do not expire.
- $20 new account bonus. Through the NEA Online Savings Program, NEA members and their families receive $20 for each new account type you open and fund each year, excluding IRAs.*
- My Mortgage GiftSM award. When you or eligible family members finance a home through the NEA Home Financing Program®, with financing provided by Wells Fargo Home Mortgage, you will receive a Wells Fargo My Mortgage Gift℠ award after closing—$500 for buying a home, or $300 for refinancing your home—for use at participating retailers.†
- $25 Amazon gift card. In addition to members saving an average of $495 per year on auto insurance, when you get a free quote from the NEA Auto & Home Insurance Program, you’ll receive a $25 Amazon gift card. Plus, you can skip your summer payments!
- Complimentary life insurance. To help provide for your family, the NEA Members Insurance Trust® makes valuable benefits available through the NEA Complimentary Life Insurance program at no extra cost to Active, Staff, Reserve and Life‡ members. Are you a new NEA member? For 12 months, eligible new members are provided complimentary $15,000 of term life insurance through the NEA Introductory Term Life Insurance Plan.‡
- Free subscription to the Kiplinger’s Retirement Report. As part of the NEA Retirement Program, you can download a free issue of the Kiplinger’s Retirement Report each month. We cover the $40 annual subscription fee, at no cost to you.
- $50 of free heating oil. The NEA® Heating Oil Program offers free§ or discounted annual service contracts that include an annual cleaning, tune up and emergency service. Plus, get $50 of free heating oil.
- NEA Travel: Designed exclusively for educators, NEA Travel will help you plan adventures and excursions, book hotel stays for less, get discounts on your choice of rental car companies and more. Sign up!
- NEA Member Shopper's Guide: Get monthly tips and deals to help you stretch your shopping budget. Sign up!
- NEA Works4Me: The free NEA Works4Me weekly e-newsletter brings you practical classroom tips written by teachers, for teachers. Each week you’ll receive other teachers’ best ideas on classroom management, teaching techniques, curriculum content, peer & student relationships and more. Browse over 1800 tips on their website and join the free discussion board! Sign up!
NOTE: Information in this article is accurate as of July 2018
* To qualify for the $20 bonus offer, the applicant must: (i) be an Eligible NEA Member (an individual who is an NEA member as of the account application date, or any of the following individuals who is related to and is registered by such an NEA member as of the account application date: parent, spouse, domestic partner, son, daughter, parent of the spouse/domestic partner), and (ii) open either an NEA CD or Money Market account through Discover Bank with an initial minimum deposit of $2,500. While the NEA Online Savings Account through Discover Bank does not require a minimum opening deposit, you must make an initial minimum deposit of $500 to receive the bonus. NEA affiliation subject to verification. Bonus limited to one per Eligible NEA Member, per product, per calendar year. IRA CDs are not eligible for this offer. Bonus will be awarded via account credit within 60 days following the end of the month in which the account is funded and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT. Account must be opened at time of account credit. Offer may be withdrawn or modified at any time without notice.
† The NEA Home Financing Program has been developed for NEA members and their families only. (Parents, spouse or domestic partner, and children are eligible family members.) Eligible individuals can receive the Wells Fargo My Mortgage GiftSM award approximately 6 weeks after closing on a new purchase or refinance loan secured by an eligible first mortgage or deed of trust with Wells Fargo Home Mortgage (“New Loan”), subject to qualification, approval and closing, when identifying themselves as eligible. The My Mortgage GiftSM award is not available with any Wells Fargo Three-Step Refinance SYSTEM© program, The Relocation Mortgage Program© or to any Wells Fargo team member. Only one My Mortgage Gift award is permitted per eligible New Loan. This award cannot be combined with any other award, discount or rebate, except for yourFirstMortgageSM. This award is void where prohibited, transferable, and subject to change or cancellation with no prior notice. Awards may constitute taxable income. Federal, state and local taxes, and any use of the award not otherwise specified in the Terms and Conditions (also provided at receipt of award) are the sole responsibility of the My Mortgage GiftSM recipient.
Wells Fargo Home Mortgage has a services agreement with NEA's Member Benefits Corporation in which NEA's Member Benefits Corporation receives a financial benefit for providing agreed upon services. You are encouraged to shop around to ensure you are receiving the best services and the best rate for your home financing needs.
Information is accurate as of the date of printing and is subject to change without notice. Wells Fargo Home Mortgage is a division of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. © 2017 Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. All rights reserved. NMLSR ID 399801.
‡ The NEA Members Insurance Trust pays for this coverage.
§ Free service contract, contract coverage and cleaning coverage requires minimum consumption of 600 gallons per year.