Teacher Discounts: Don’t Miss These Top Offers for Educators and Education Students
We’ve done the legwork; you reap the rewards. From tech to fashion to classroom supplies, cash in on special offers just for you.
Looking for great deals and price reductions for educators? We’ve scoured the stores and done the searching for you! Below, find a great selection of educator deals from retailers, service providers and NEA Member Benefits.* Make this your go-to shopping list!
BOOKS, MAGAZINES AND MORE
- Barnes and Noble. The B&N Educators Discount gives PreK-12 educators, librarians and homeschool teachers 20% off publisher’s list price on select purchases for classroom use including most hardcover and paperback books, toys and games and up to 25% off during Educator Appreciation Days.
- Half-Price Books. Educators, teachers and librarians can save 10% year round on in-store (not online) purchases of books and educational supplies with an Educator Discount Card from Half Price Books. Stock up for your classroom or get yourself a treat to read.
- NEA Click & Save. Get great discounts and earn WOWPoints to spend later at the NEA Click & Save Bookstore!*
- NEA Magazine Service. Choose from over 800 selections covering news, sports, fitness, entertainment, hobbies, family and education—at the guaranteed lowest introductory price available!*
- The New York Times. An education rate is available to K-12 educators. This includes digital access.
- The Wall Street Journal. Through the Journal-in-Education Program, students get a discount off the regular rate. Professors receive a free 6-month subscription and a $25 Amazon.com gift card when students subscribe.
- A.C. Moore. Present your school ID, pay stub or other qualifying identification to get 15% off regular and sale priced purchases of arts and crafts supplies at A.C. Moore.
- Ben Franklin Crafts. Teachers receive 10% off purchases of classroom materials.
- Blick for Educators. Dick Blick offers discounts, coupons, lesson plans and more on art and classroom supplies for schools.
- Jo-ann Teacher Rewards. Save 15% on purchases at Jo-ann Fabric and Craft Stores with their teacher rewards discount card.
- Michael’s. Save 15% on in-store purchases. See a store associate for details.
- Office Depot/Office Max. Office Depot/Office Max stores’ Give Back to Schools Program lets you give your PreK-12 public or private school 5% of the purchase price on qualifying school supplies such as notebook paper pens, pads and binders.
- Party City. Provide a signed letter from your administration and receive a 10-20% discount on in-store purchases. Read the details to get started.
- Pencils.com. Save 10% on purchases with their educator discount program.
- The Container Store. Sign up for the Organized Teacher Discount Program and get discounts sent to you throughout the year. Program ends December 31, 2017.
- A to Z Teacher Stuff. Get low prices on teaching eBooks and ready-to-use classroom activities created and classroom-tested by teachers in the US, Canada, and around the world with no membership or shipping fees from A to Z Teacher Stuff. Many downloads are free.
- Every Kid in a Park. Are you a fourth-grade educator? You can get free passes to national parks for your student. These passes gives them free access to all national parks, lands and waters through August 31, 2017.
- Kennedy Space Center. The Educator Study Pass offers Florida, Georgia, Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands K-12 teachers complimentary access to the Visitor Complex and KSC’s Educator Resource Center (ERC). By using the Educator Study Pass, you can get tips for field trips, learn about new education programs and find interesting facts to integrate with your science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) curriculum.
- “Make Your Point” Vocabulary Builder. Boost your own vocabulary or help your students improve theirs with a free daily email subscription to “Make Your Point” created by a private tutor of reading and writing.
- OpenEd. More than a million K-12 assessments, homework assignments, videos, games and lesson plans resources for every Common Core Math and English/Language Arts Standard are available free to educators at OpenEd.
- PBS Learning Media. Register free for access to thousands of classroom-ready, curriculum-targeted, digital resources and lesson plans aligned to Common Core and national standards. Basic service is free to PreK-12 educators.
- Restaurant.com. Get special member pricing on dining certificates through NEA Click & Save.*
ELECTRONICS AND SOFTWARE
- Academic Superstore. This online software outlet offers thousands of top software titles and other technology items at great discounts.
- Adobe. Adobe offers significant discounts on software, including 60% off Creative Cloud, to students and educators.
- The Apple Store. Save on a new Mac or new iPad at the Apple Store for Education. Education pricing is available on Macs, iPads, accessories, apps, iBooks and iTunesU courses.
- Bose products. Educators and members of educational associations save up to 15% on Bose products including music systems, surround sound systems, headphones and earbuds and portable music devices for home and school.
- JourneyEd.com. Provides discounts on software and technology products to students, faculty, staff, educational institutions and public school districts.
- Microsoft for Education. Shop the Microsoft Education Store and you can save 10% on Surface, select software and more.
- NEA Click & Save. NEA Click & Save has gathered all of the top electronics brands into one place where you’ll get exclusive pricing and earn 2X WOWPoints on every purchase. Find great deals on products from Best Buy, Samsung, Gamestop, The Sharper Image and more at the NEA Click & Save Electronics Store!*
- AT&T. Save 15% on AT&T cellphone service for you and your family.*
- Sony. Educators can find discounts through Sony’s Eye on Education Program. Learn more about their pricing here.
- Western Digital. Save up to 20% through the WD Education Store.
- 1800Flowers.com. NEA members save 20%!*
- The Pampered Teacher. Teachers, educators and PTA members are eligible for a 10% discount on bulk orders (12 or more) of The Pampered Teacher gift boxes designed for male or female teachers.
- NEA Member Benefits Home Store. Get special members pricing at Macy’s, Sears, Kohl’s, Bed Bath & Beyond, Home Depot, Williams-Sonoma and more through NEA Click & Save.*
- NEA Member Benefits Food & Wine Store. Get exclusive pricing on items from Omaha Steaks, Harry & David, Lindt Chocolate and more.*
- West Elm. Save 15% on furniture and decor with educator ID.
HEALTH & WELLNESS
- NEA Dental and Vision Insurance Program. As an NEA member, you have access to comprehensive dental and vision plan options that are both affordable and easy to use.*
- NEA Hearing Aid Program. With your NEA member discount you can save 20-50% off the average local retail prices of name-brand, high-tech hearing aids.*
- NEA Member Benefits Health & Wellness Store. Get exclusive deals on fitness equipment, gym memberships, food plans, wellness products and more.*
INSURANCE & PROTECTION PLANS
- NEA Auto & Home Insurance Program. Call for a free quote and receive a complimentary $25 Amazon gift card.*
- NEA Complimentary Life Insurance. The NEA Members Insurance Trust makes valuable benefits available at no extra cost to Active, Staff, Reserve and Life members.*
- NEA Pet Insurance Program. NEA members in most states are eligible for a 5% discount.*
- NEA Vehicle Protection Program. NEA Members are eligible for a $100 discount on any extended vehicle protection policy.*
- LEGOLAND California. Free admission for California teachers! See the 2018 dates.
- LEGOLAND Florida. Free one-year pass for Florida teachers. Read the details.
- Local Museums. Check with your local museum, as many offer an educator discount.
- Movie Tickets. Save up to 30%! Find a theater near you and purchase discount tickets through NEA Click & Save.*
- Popular Musicals in NYC. Get the best seats available at a special discounted price through NEA Click & Save.*
- Theatrical Development Fund. TDF members get special access to deeply discounted tickets available online and in advance for hundreds of Broadway, Off Broadway and off-Off Broadway theatre shows, dance performances and music concerts. Once you’re a member ($35 your first year), tickets cost only $9-$47! Save up to 70% on hundreds of theatre, dance and music shows daily.
- Theme Park Tickets. Save up to 40% on Six Flags, Universal Studios, Busch Gardens and more through NEA Click & Save.*
- NEA Vacations. Enjoy a world of travel discounts. Save now on airfare, cruises, resorts and attractions that fit your needs and your budget. Save even more with Travel Dollars!*
- Car Rental. Get special member discounts from our 5 car rental partners through the NEA Car Rental Program.*
- G Adventures. G Adventures, an experiential, small group travel company, offers NEA members and up to three travel companions an exclusive discount on trips to more than 100 countries on all seven continents.*
- NEA Click & Save Travel. Get exclusive savings on hotels, flights, car rentals, vacation packages and cruises.*
- Red Roof Inn. NEA members and their families can enjoy a 20% discount at any of Red Roof’s 485+ locations nationwide.*
- Trafalgar Guided Vacations. NEA members receive an extra 10% discount from Trafalgar, a global leader in creating guided vacations highlighted by local insights.*
- Banana Republic. Enjoy 15% off everyday savings on full-priced purchases in Banana Republic stores with a valid student or Teacher I.D.
- J.Crew Teachers and College Student Discount. Show a valid school ID at checkout to take advantage of a15% discount on in-store purchases.
- Loft Loves Teachers. Sign up for Ann Taylor’s Loft Loves Teachers emails list to get teacher-only exclusive perks and 15% off when you shop in Ann Taylor Loft stores.
- NEA Member Benefits Apparel Store. Get exclusive pricing on items from Macy’s, L. L. Bean, Land’s End, Under Armor and more!*
NOTE: Information in this article is accurate as of March 2018
*NEA Member Benefits programs are available only to NEA members and their families. Interested in becoming a member of the NEA? Learn more here. As a member, your spouse/domestic partner, children and parents are eligible for NEA member benefits.
Questions? Contact us or call the NEA Member Services Center at 1-800-637-4636 (Mon-Fri: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET, Sat: 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. ET).
The NEA Member Shopper’s Guide
Looking for an easy way to save? Get valuable shopping deals, tips and advice delivered monthly right to your inbox!
DOWNLOAD OUR PROGRAMS & SERVICES BROCHURE
More than 50 benefits to help you improve your personal and professional life.
Also in This Issue
More popular articles from this edition of NEAchieve!