Help make sure you get paid, even if you’re too hurt or sick to work.
Back injuries, cancer, heart disease, and other illnesses cause the majority of long-term disability absences from work.1 In the event of a covered illness, you want to ensure that your paycheck is protected.
That’s where the NEA Income Protection Insurance Plan comes in. It helps replace part of your paycheck when you can’t work.
- A monthly benefit when you’re unable to work due to an eligible accident or illness, whether you’re totally or partially disabled
- In many cases, payments are completely tax-free.2
- Benefits during pregnancy and doctor-ordered bed rest or medical leave.
- Payments made directly to you.
- Coverage that pays your NEA dues and waives your premiums for disability lasting six months or more.
Be prepared and protect your family’s future.The NEA Income Protection Insurance Plan is only available to eligible NEA members who are actively employed in the field of education for 15 or more hours per week.
Apply for your coverage — it’s quick and easy:
- Choose your monthly benefit amount — up to two-thirds of your regular salary or $6,000.
- Choose payouts on the 8th, 15th, 31st or 91st day of disability.
- Choose Short-Term Disability (STD) or Long-Term Disability (LTD) protection — up to a maximum of two years for short-term coverage.
- Determine your costs with the Disability Benefit Calculator.
For current account information, please contact:
For claims questions, please call:
Income you receive from other sources can reduce the benefits you receive through this plan; please login or register to view complete plan details. This plan is not available in Colorado or North Carolina.
1 Council for Disability Awareness: Chances of Disability. Web. 19 Dec. 2016.
2 Benefits are tax-free when premiums are paid with after-tax dollars. Consult your tax adviser for details.
3 Source: Council for Disability Awareness: 5 Reasons Why Millennials Should Care About Disability Insurance; February 2016.
4 Source: Nielsen “Saving, Spending and Living paycheck to paycheck.” July 28, 2015.
NEA Income Protection
Do you know what you’re missing?
Important coverage—plus a chance to win.
CHECK THIS OUT
How much will my NEA Income Protection Insurance Plan cost?
You insure your home, car and other valuable possessions, so why wouldn’t you protect one of your most valuable assets: your paycheck?